Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Quick Birthday Recap

This is the first hour of the day that I feel quiet capable of carying an adult conversation. I've been like a walking, sleeping and eating zombie the whole day as I suffered from a major hangover.

I celebrated my birthday yesterday and I'd like to think of it as a success or something I have magically pulled off. There are minor glitches along the way, like the uncooperative weather and the minor boo-boo of some food selections, but all in all it was something I'd remember for the rest of my entire adult life.

Needless to say, I got drunk, I think most of my guests who stayed at the 'bar' at some point got wasted. People who are known for their tested drinking tolerance were smashed by Bacardi and Black Label and endless supply of beer. I am surrounded by wonderful people who just let go and fooled around, as I did too, at least once for this year. And what a year ender it was for me.

I slept at around 5 am, but before I went to my room, I managed to eat a couple of cupcakes and played with Harvey. When I got up, I closed the door to my room, washed my face, changed into my PJs, turned on the airconditioning, made sure I have my phones with me and slept like it was my last.

Until I woke up at 9 am with a scorched throat. NO matter how my head was throbbing and my stomach bloated, I got up like a robot and went straight to the kitchen to get me a glass of cold water. I finished two glasses and ate Shrimps and rice. After a full meal, I went straight to my room and didn't even bother to look at my phones. I slept like dead. The next time I woke up it was at around 12:30 as I was thirsty and hungry again. My instant remedy was a glass of cold Minute Maid Pulpy orange and Purefoods Luncheon meat with scrambled eggs just the way I like it. Then I was heaven. I was immediately comforted. After three hours, my sister woke up and ordered Brooklyn's famous White Cheese kickass pizza. Partnered with ice cold Coke, which is a guilty pleasure, I got again a glimpse of heaven. I know now a perfect remedy for hangover.

Eat whatever I like, get my nails done in the comfort of my own home while blogging, having a visit from a loved one and not having any plans at all, anticipating the fabulous noche buena of paella and dimsum while our house is at total peace.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Other more sordid details to follow when I've already organized my thoughts and files.

No comments: