Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Steady Sunday

Shopping isn't my strength, but I endured it for three straight days. It was tiring and challenging at first, but I got the hang of it, only that I have a limit and I've reached it.

This morning I took the 30 minute bus to Florence to go to the Old Navy Outlet, which I have visited for three days straight. I always seem to get something when I'm there. It never ends until the money's available. Since this is the last day of sale, I decided to take advantage of it. I searched for the bus schedule, took the earliest trip possible and dropped off at the outlet. After my Old Navy stop, I went to do my grocery shopping at Kroger's, which is just beside the outlet store. I purchased food good for two weeks and I slaved to bring 7 heaven bags excluding the three bags from Old Navy to the bus then the 2 blocks walk to the apartment. It was very nice that Ice, my colleague, was there with me or else I would've just stayed there and rotted.



I arrived at the apartment at around 3 pm and left all the stuff just near the main door. I took a shower, cleaned my room, arranged the food items that I bought, cooked my lunch and just relaxed. After my late lunch, I locked myself up in my room to enjoy the rest of the Sunday afternoon.


Thank God for quick meals that are supposed to be a little healthier than usual. Late lunch was Parmesan Crusted fish fillet, pilaf rice, toasted wheat bagel with cottage cheese, mustard and ham. Preparation time: 15 minutes.


This is my reward, a steady Sunday with cold fresh Orange juice and full lunch.

I feel drained...seriously. Three days of roaming around is no big joke. It was hot and physically challenging carrying those bags. Instead of resting for another week of hard work, we slaved through retail shopping. It was a fun experience, but I don't think I would be doing something like that anytime soon. I need to recharge and to save up for other possible expenses which could happen in the next 9 more weeks.

A lot of things could happen still, but the full week was a blast. For now, I'm staying low key until the next big bang happens.

No comments: