Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What Emotional Bantering does to me

I was irritated this morning due to some unforeseen emotional bantering that made me feel irritated, disgusted and downright moody.

It's easy for anyone to get their message across to me, as long as they follow civilized steps. I might not agree with what they're conveying but I listen. However, there are methods in which I identify as dealbreakers in communicating with me. Here are some:

1. Do not appeal to me through crying out your frustrations in the hopes that I'd feel guilty and realize things that you think I should have realized in the first place.

2. Never appeal to me by forcing tears to come out of your eyes and recounting the times you've cried over my past mistakes. And how tired you have become.


3. Do not shout at me to get your point across.


4. Do not think you know everything about me, when the main reason why you're angry is because you don't know why I'm being the way I am. Actually, there is nothing wrong with being who I am. For all you know it, it's your nerves that are making everything a big bogus issue.

5. Do not use your life to threaten me to change.

6. Do not ambush me with emotional bantering, especially early in the morning, when my day's about to start.
Things like these make me irritated. Whatever point it is, it would not reach me. I would immediately clam up and use my last remaining efforts to attempt teleportation. Yes, teleport, no matter how futile and impossible it may seem.

Certain emotional displays like that, for me, lack sincerity. It's a foul appeal to rectify your cause. It's not fair to me and it's not uplifting to the other party either. Reflections would be clouded by pain, disgust and irritation. Nothing fruitful could be achieved at that given start.

I am a human being. I'm not what you would call rebellious, and most definitely I'm not the one who'd lack sensibility. I may not display or project any emotions, but I sure know how to achieve change, positive change, through positive results and not through power tripping and definitely not through emotional bantering.

Now I doubt if I still remember whatever's been said awhile ago. All I see is a bubble of irritation and hate that I'm trying hard to deflate.

No comments: