Friday, May 23, 2008

Congratulations, David Cook

As if it's not massively announced to the world that there's a new American Idol in town. One of the Davids, the older, David Cook, 25 years old bartender-musician in Missouri, captivated the hearts of millions as he conquered the pressure and expectations of the globally intense talent reality game show popularized in America. As his name was announced, a sudden rush of relief and surprise, were written in his face as he willingly accepted gracious victory against the crowd favorite, David Archuleta. But there's no sour nor bitter note to the ending as both Davids are deserving of the title and both are really talented musicians.

David Cook is the power vocal rocker type that is more like Chad Kruger of Nickelback. He is very versatile in interpreting songs in different genres. He is extremely talented, natural and has a great voice prowess. David Archuleta in the meanwhile has powerful vocals as he reminds you of quintessential balladeer of his generation. Like David Cook, he puts emotions and soul to any song and puts a heartfelt experience for the crowd to enjoy.

Both Davids are masters of their own genre. David Cook is the more daring, rocker, older brother version of the Archuleta's sublime, ballad and Grobanistic singing. Just like what Simon said, you couldn't really care less who wins at the end as both are very much deserving, talented and equally nice boys to boot.

But with a whopping 96 million voters, David Cook had a 12 million advantage over David Archuleta, who has always been noted to be a judge-viewer favorite.

It was quite surprising because I'm not really what you would call an American Idol fan. I'm aware that it happens, but just occasionally catches an episode or two. But I've never been familiar with the whole roster, frankly, couldn't care less. But in this season, I do believe I was tuned in to the show's developments. Probably because my brother and I watch it and constantly bet on our picks that made me equally competitive as the finalists. Last weekend, my brother and I had a bet on who's going to be the next idol. Eventhough we both admire the two Davids, we wanted Cook to win because of his star-like quality and his versatility. But for the sake of competition, I voted for Archuleta. But still, we were still clueless of what will happen.

On the first night, Archuleta got many praises for his performances as Cook only got a lukewarm review. Then I thought I had won, even though I personally prefer Cook. But the morning after, my mom texted me that I lost and I owe a Crepe to my brother. Yehey for Cook that he won, but Boo-Hoo for me, because I owe someone a good crepe.

This is probably the most competitive American Idol in history. Both are masters of their own genre. Both are equally good looking and deserving, yet someone came above and it's always a surprise.

Another favorite number of mine in the show was Carly Smithson and Michael John's performance. They're fiery and also talented! Kudos to them! I also wished David Noriega was invited to perform, but I guess there's limited time involved. If Mr. Vasquez was able to perform, how come not Noriega?! Blast!

Anyways, congratulations to both Davids! They deserve it! It was a sweet ending! And most especially congratulations to David Cook.

PS: Is it just me? Is he always on eyeliner make-up? Just interested to know.



*http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2008-05/39115394.jpg

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/v3/05-22-2008.NGL_22cook.GID2DFPDL.1.jpg

No comments: