Thursday, May 1, 2008

To get through the day

I think I'm going broke. I'm under recession as well. I'm doing some random excel reports one minute, then later on realized I'm already calculating my finances. I'm particularly calculating the amount I would have to withdraw for this weekend to pay my credit card bills, to pay for my planned weekend leisure activities, and of course to pay for my food treat to my siblings and cousin, who happenened to fly from Cebu for this summer.

Funny thing is, I've always been good with money. I'm not good at making them the way I'm supposed to, but I'm good at keeping them at bay. I'm frugal. I'm practical. Probably I would have to thank my SHOPPING trait for never gaining strength in my personality, or my fashion radar for being weak at picking up signals. I'm what you would call a SIMPLE SPENDER. Yes, I indulge in food here and there, but that's practically excused. I merely spend 400 bucks a meal at good restaurants twice in one week and that's at most.

But calculating my present cash at my ATM account and what I currently have now, I think I'm this close to filing for bankruptcy. And I'm not being dramatic like others who like to demonstrate that they're getting broke just to feel good about themselves at the end. I do not need that. I only need to eat good food to feel better. Over procrastinating and getting so pessimistic about money are not my idea of a good power trip.

Thinking about it now, there are certain factors that might have affecting this looming personal financial crisis. Maybe I wasn't able to recuperate from my previous Boracay trip. The past payday was just designated for my credit card bills, but still. What went wrong? Did I go overboard this time? With what?

Ah yes, I had to treat people, my two siblings are on their summer vacations (Which is about to end in exactly a month,thank god) and I happen to be the one working and financing their needs. Also, my cousin flew in from Cebu two weeks ago and added to the financial joyride. What did we do basically? Renting badminton courts at 250 Pesos an hour, eating out..eating out...eating out?

If you would summarize everything my money just paid for intangible stuff, which is food. Come to think of it, I never bought anything tangible. I did not invest in anything whether it may be stocks or purchases. Nothing. Just good food, great company and satisfying pleasures for others.

Come to think of it, I might be going broke now, but looking back, I had fun and feel that it's worth it.

Now, I suddenly felt better.

No comments: