Friday, May 23, 2008

The Make-Up Breakfast Treat

I was busy erasing some files in my digicam when I saw pictures I have randomly (and secretly) taken last weekend. Pekekek, apparently in a spontaneous happy mood, informed me last Saturday night to set the alarm and wake up at 6:30ish the following morning. Obviously, I objected being a not-so-morning person. 6:30 is practically still considered dawn for me. I asked what's the catch. Well, he just wanted to treat me to a delightful breakfast to make up his numerous weekday absences....and go with him to Greenbelt to pick up Kristine (his name for his beloved phone) from a repair job. (Yeah..) Would I say no to this, you think?

You're right. NOT!


I set my alarm at 6:30, and it worked. I did wake up at 6:30, but ended up calling Pekekek at around 7:15. By 7:45, I was ready.

We could've eaten at Sinangag Express in Better Living, but since it's a treat, we're setting the bar higher. If you're going to Makati, the possible choices would be Pancake House, McDonald's and Jollibee (obviously out), Coffee Bean, Dome, Pancake House? Pancake House? We had limited choices. Where else can you possible find a good breakfast restaurant with reasonable price?

As choices were drained, we were about to head to Pancake House Greenbelt or Flapjacks when Pekekek made a quick turn at Don Bosco Makati. His face lightened up as if he remembered something. And that idea was admittedly a kick-ass one. He took me to Amici Don Bosco.


At first, I didn't think that they serve breakfast, but being welcomed by Amici's complete staff, we started to settle in. Their breakfast menu has limited choices, but equally tempting. They serve a complete meal for less than 160 and that's with coffee. After nursing my optional paralysis, I ordered the ham and mushroom omelet with Italian Sausage while Pekekek ordered the ham and cheese omelet version. While waiting for our orders, we read the fresh Sunday newspapers, acting like an old couple enjoying breakfast after attending the 6 AM mass, which is mostly the set up in Amici when we were there.

In fairness, I'd have to say that Pekekek made a daring and right choice. Praise to his memory for remembering the place and setting up a great Sunday Morning.

As we got stuffed, happy and ready to go. I paused as I remembered something. Of course, I can't leave the place without getting their yummy, authentic gelato.
Make-up time accomplished with flying colors.

*Amici is located in Don Bosco Makati.

Add: 1299 Don Bosco School, Arnaiz Ave. cor Chino Roces Ave.
Tel: 818-4444
Hours: 7 am - 9 pm (Mondays to Sundays)
Cuisine: Authentic Italian (Yummy!) With gelato
Price: Very reasonable, way cheaper than Italianni's
* They also have a Tomas Morato Branch
* MOA Branch
*Also according to arpeelazaro.blogspot.com, if you have ran out of parking spaces inside Don Bosco(esp. in weekday lunch/dinner time), you can avail of the free parking lot at Waltermart for a minimum of 300 pesos total bill in Amici.

No comments: