Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Anne Curtis' Slip

My boyfriend told me that Anne Curtis' boobs were exposed as soon as he picked me up last Monday night. As if that particular news would affect the state of the nation and that I had to be aware of it at that moment. I was so sick and my head throbbed with unimaginable pain that I didn't even get to react. I just wanted to go home.

A couple of days later, tonight, I had dinner with my friends in Alabang. And just passing in conversation, one of my friends who just gave birth and enjoying her free time surfing and watching TV, told me that she saw Anne Curtis' boob slip from a forwarded link in a social networking site. Since my friend is a woman, and has amazingly full breasts of her own, the news really didn't excite her. It was just stated as a matter of fact. My other friend, who happens to be a guy, just smiled and added that boobs exposure or no boobs exposure, it doesn't change the fact that Anne Curtis is hot. We all agree.

As soon as I went home, I browsed through online newsites and a philippine entertainment portal and saw a picture of Anne Curtis apparently dancing with a blurred patch on her right breast. Frankly, I don't understand what the fuss is all about.

First of all, it was a downright accident. Shit happens and most especially in the circumstance of wearing skimpy clothing. Plus it was a dance number, there were lots of flexible movements and I'm sure the placement of the bikini top was at danger with constant contact. It even happens to those who are not that mobile. It happened to me when I was frolicking in the beach, much more if it was in a dance number with lifting and contact involved. Anne Curtis wasn't teasing. She was working. I don't think the situation calls for fantasizing unless the person is such a sexually deluded stalker fan.

Second, it's just a breast. Why do we all have to fuss for a breast? Yes, it might be from a popular person, but it's just a breast no matter how you look at it. I mean, sorry but there isn't anything new with that picture. It's a normal part of human anatomy. Anne Curtis is sexy as it is and people would want to destroy that sense of mystery just because of a breast exposure that we know half of the population has? I really don't get it.

I hope people don't start glamorizing this sort of accident because there is really nothing to it. I may not really be an outright fan of Anne Curtis but I admire her courage and coolness. She, of all people, knows that we are not born yesterday and with technology, these things get passed around around as sick entertainment. But it is upsetting especially for the person involved. We have to give Anne Curtis the right to feel upset, to be hurt. She should spread the guilt around for those malicious people to step back. But I admire her being level-headed to also understand the fact that some people are just born shallow and pathetic. She knows that she is a public figure and things like this cannot be avoided sometimes. What she should do is to swallow the experience, learn from it and turn the tables around. She has nothing to be ashamed of and this is a learning experience for all of us.

Yes, I saw the link and I saw the picture. But then I didn't get what the fuss was all about. I watched Anne's interview in ANC instead and I hope that's the one that gets spread around. I didn't find the link to the video anymore and seriously I didn't try to look for it. What for? It's just a waste of time.

No comments: