Sunday, July 11, 2010

Movie 101: Eclipse

After work, my colleagues and I decided to catch a movie as a form of relaxation after a week's information overload work. From our office building, we took one of the industrial bridges from Ohio to cross to Newport on the Levee in Kentucky. The mall reminds me of Greenbelt, but a tad smaller and less flashy. It has lots of upscale restaurants of different cuisines, retail shops, huge Barnes and Noble and a movie house. With the list of movies to watch, I decided on watching Eclipse just because the book hinted a more interesting scenes of confrontation.

I'm not a HUGE fan of the Twilight Saga though I've read all the books. The first book was enough to get me interested. The second book is a teenager's diary from hell, which I had a constant urge to throw away. The third book gives more meat, confrontation and less cheesiness. The fourth book I have extremely mixed feeling for, it was bland. But I totally respect those who are fanatics especially when the movies came out. I have been in that phase once, but as for the Twilight Saga, it just wasn't for me.

Eclipse is indeed more entertaining, though I was not spared by some extremely cheesy scenes that don't necessarily happen in real life. Kirsten Stewart's acting has improved. Edward Cullen played by Robert Pattinson, still feels struggling and awkward. Jacob, played by Taylor Lautner, seems at home with his role. The action scenes were manageable, not spectacular. The wolves are like floating computer effects, I don't know how it's shown in 3d. The movie is entertaining enough, but could be easily seen in DVD. Nothing grand unless you're a fan of course, which I'm not.

No comments: