Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rocky's BDAY Bash

Rocky, Mitch's dog, friend and son rolled into one,' just had its 28th birthday last weekend.

And that led me to promise Rocky that I'd give him hotcakes for his birthday, initiate a simple hotcake party, and probably do a simple documentary in the life of Rocky "Babs" Bautista.

After skipping work on a Monday morning, I went to SM Bicutan, purchased a Maya Hotcake mix, and went home. Being a culinary moron as I am, some didn't come out right, but I had to improvise with whatever I could find like Harina and cinnamon. It was his birthday and he should only get the very best ones.

That afternoon after cooking, I happily went to his abode in Sampaguita Street; and I knew I should have braced myself before seeing the cuddly, passive, adorable Rocky, morph into a Crazed Hotcake Barking Machine. Rocky is LOCO for hotcakes. I never actually saw that side of him. It was pretty revealing.


What's so shocking? Well, I've seen him with a bone. It was a pretty normal dog enjoying a bone, but certainly not being LOCO over hotcakes. He just kept on jumping and anticipating for that every hotcake throw that only survived a milli-second in the air. He was amazing. He made my effort of cooking hotcakes priceless, and I hope he didn't notice that the hotcakes were a little bit pale due to excessive water content.

Anyways, it was short, but it was fun! It makes me want to make stacks of pancakes tuloy and just shove it in his happy big mouth. That would be a treat for both of us!

Happy quarter life birthday, Rocky! Cheers!

No comments: