Friday, August 27, 2010

Dreadful Packing looming x2

In less than 10 days, I fly back to the other part of the world, back to my home country in Asia. Coming from the US, that just easily means a long hour flight and a painful packing routine.

Yes, the flight is a pain, but the packing is worse. Looking at my messed up closet, shoe boxes and shopping bags, I know there is no way I would fit everything that I brought and I bought in my two luggage. I know I'd pay 50 dollars for excess, which I've accepted and for which I am very open to. But I also have a problem with space. I've totally maximized the weight and space capacity of my bags. Bummer.

Before I left Manila I bought two luggage that could easily fit three months' worth of clothes and some. I knew I wouldn't be needing the biggest size. I won't shop crazy anyways or so I thought. But now, I ate all my words and I got so full of it. There's no way other way but to pay for excess and buy a new luggage, the biggest one and hopefully light weight. I never knew it would come to this.




Thinking about it, I have a couple of days to prepare. Mentally, I've got the grouping of stuff figured out and I've done the pre-packing routine of sealing bottles of Bath and Body and covering delicate designer bags and shoes. But then again I dread the final product.

Some colleagues asked me to return some stuff just to solve my dilemma. But I've been a sensible shopper ever since and when I look at my purchases, I feel justified. So, let this be a good reason for me to pay excess and buy that new luggage. I've decided.

I shop 'em, I pack 'em. Simple.

Can't win. But I'm happy to be able to bring these home.

No comments: