Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sunday;: Another Owl Movie Day

I had a pleasant Sunday spending time with my siblings. That means two thousand pesos for a 3d movie and lunch. My wallet cringed and no matter how it held back, I knew my siblings deserve a break as much I do, But I admit they could be very demanding and expensive. But I know that I don't hold back with traveling and food and most certainly I don't hold back with these two.

We watched The Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole. A kick-ass animated movie loosely based on a novel and directed by Zack Snyder, the same director who created the envelop breaking movie 300. Again, I will stress that I'm not really a fan of movies with humanized animals in it, but since watching How to Train your Dragon, I've given these types of movies much thought. I've seen the The Legend of the Guardians in trailers even before I left for the States three months ago. I knew I wanted to watch it. It came across as an epic, not necessary childish. And knowing that Zack Snyder will direct it saves a lot of intrigue. I watched it with Mitch for the first time on Saturday and we both liked it. I wanted to share the experience to my siblings hence making it a second time for me on Sunday.




The movie is not sappy and childish at all. I wouldn't coin it as a light, but it wasn't depressing either. It's an animated movie with sense, kick-ass special effects both an adult and a kid would enjoy. It has impressive fight scenes, simple good vs. evil plot, a fresh perspective on the owl creatures and most especially the graphics were amazing. I wasn't bored one bit. It's a sort of animation that has sense. I honestly felt like watching something close to National Geographic. But of course the owls could talk, could wear arms and read. When I went home, I became a nerd and googled information about owls. I can't believe I don't know anything about them. I never thought they could be really interesting creatures.

A colleague of mine asked me yesterday if it's something worth watching with her 6 year old kid. It's 3D and paying for a 300 pesos ticket for a crappy 3D movie would be like a thief in the night. But I urged her to watch it. Fortunately, she got back to me and said they loved it.

This is a perfect date-family-sibling-friend movie. If you are a critic, go ahead, I think you'll like it too. And while you've decided, don't waste the opportunity of watching it in 3D.



pic ref:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/Legend-Of-The-Guardians-The-Owls-Of-GaHoole-UK-movie-poster-quad-2-600x448.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.collider.com/2010/09/10/legend-of-the-guardians-the-owls-of-ga-hoole-clip/&usg=__iakpCKKmR8LsqzLhxca9sSxSwqk=&h=448&w=600&sz=68&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=9m1U4jq_K6SylM:&tbnh=134&tbnw=171&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlegend%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bguardians%2Bthe%2Bowls%2Bof%2Bga%27hoole%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D681%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=792&vpy=85&dur=254&hovh=134&hovw=179&tx=142&ty=109&ei=yNafTNOoLIzWtQONxKHWAQ&oei=yNafTNOoLIzWtQONxKHWAQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=35&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0

No comments: