Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Missing Harvey

Before I leave for vacations I always see Harvey. Just as my bags are packed and the driver's waiting, I make sure Harvey and I still spend some quality time. We'd play. I'd hug him to pieces until he tries to squirm away like a piglet cursing me in dog language. Sometimes I ask Ate Ne to take pictures of me with him before I leave.

When I was in Boracay last summer, my first trip ever since he was given to me, there were times I imagined Harvey frolicking in the sand. He could have filled in the boring gaps there. Mitch would often get irritated whenever I let him imagine Harvey with us. He sarcastically laughed as if I was a total nutcase when I suggested that we should bring him to our trips. I understood the apprehension. Harvey may be cute and lovable, but he's so active verging towards being naughty. I would inevitably sacrifice one quality time over the other.

When I went to Cebu and Bohol with my family, the longest time away from him so far, as soon as we all arrived, he zoomed out of the kitchen door, jumped and licked me till his tongue was dry. And he kept on pulling my brother's shorts and jumping like crazy.

Aside from Mitch of course, Harvey's the second one that always anchors me back home.


No comments: