Monday, October 11, 2010

Carwash Reflection

Last Monday I had an opportunity to bond with my car and give him a bath. 100 pesos for a full vacuum and car wash is not that bad at all. This is one of the most enjoyable chores I want to do. Along with the likes of grocery shopping, long travels and book hunting, going to the carwash is something that I enjoy doing.

There were a couple of cars before me and I had 30 minutes to spare. I pondered and I realize that looking back I never thought of owning a car. I don't think I could ever afford it in my life. But here I am, older, hopefully wiser and basically owns something important in the adult world. I am happy that I waited this year to get a car. I would've gotten last 2009, but something came up which I have told in so many of my previous blog posts. I don't want to go back there again. I just find it funny that the world works in mysterious ways. I figured that there are certain things that are not for you and the world has a way of making you feel that until you receive something better. All you have to do is to wait and seize that perfect timing. You'll know it if you have this strong hunch. It's an instinct and it's a lesson we all have to master. In life's biggest decisions, we rely on instincts as much as we rely on our calculated science.




Looking at Maysehnn, my car's new baptized name, I knew I had made the right choice. 2009 was hard, but now I find it funny. I would've been strong headed and did things in haste, but glad that I waited. I feel a bond with Maysehnn, not because I'm paying for him and he's what I have right now, but Maysehnn taught me a valuable lesson to wait and knowing what should be really yours.

No comments: