Monday, October 18, 2010

Food Highlights October-18-23:Pandesal

MONDAY: As soon as I woke up at 3:30 am, sleep escaped me. I began to blog and go online to kill time. I just remembered that the super typhoon is expected to make a landfall this day. So far so good, I just see gloom. Nothing's happening yet.

At around 5:00 am, I craved for Pandesal and decided to get some. I sneaked and got my sister's car keys, went out at the crack of cold dawn, drove her overused and aesthetically neglected car to the nearest village bakery.



The bakery I go to is housed in a village. It's old school, but the pandesal is really yummy. 3 pesos for an average sized yummy pandesal. Even after work on my way home, I pass by this store.
*Drove to the quaint and classic-housed bakery in Moonville

*My breakfast: 2 hot pandesals, lasagna leftover, pineapple juice and morning paper


Pandesal is comforting to eat especially during breakfast. You could pair it up with anything or dip it in coffee. I love the aroma of a freshly baked batch, the crusty shell and a soft and warm bread inside. Some people may have made pandesal modern and commercial, but nothing beats getting it from your local village bakery. When I was a kid, I have a couple of businesses in mind if and when I have the money, right timing and opportunity. One of the classic businesses I want ever since, aside from vintage bookstores, research hubs, pet store sand grocery would be owning a local bakery, which makes bread by hand, that's cheap to sell and opens up at the crack of dawn.


*Hot and steamy tasty pandesals

Nothing like a hot, fulfilling and comforting breakfast to start the work week right.

No comments: