Sunday, October 3, 2010

How my weekends go

Saturdays are always interestingly buffed days for me. I still wonder how I manage to survive the day doing things with minimal sleep or nap.When I get home at around 7 am, everyone's awake and breakfast is served. I willingly stay up. Then I realize that I have activities lined up in the afternoons and evenings so I force myself to sleep. I sleep at 10 am and wake up at around 12:30 no matter how hard it is. I take a bath and get myself ready for Saturday. It's as if I didn't miss anything. I might go to the mall, do errands, go to the gym (yeah right) and fool around at home. Then at night, sleepiness starts to come in. For that I just take a quick 30 minute nap to store some energy that will last me until the regular-shift people gives up at around 3 to 4 am. When I get home at Sunday dawn, I sleep heavily unless of course you have a brother who needs to be driven to his guitar lesson at 8:30 am.

I seem to handle beefed up Saturdays pretty well as long as it's not work related. I'd rather be awake and maximize it with things that I want to do. I usually catch sleep on Sundays.

Last Saturday afternoon after I had my "nap," I went to Greenhills to accompany Mitch to buy something, then drove back to Fort to get my new pair of glasses. I waited for an hour and had a manicure pedicure. By 9, we ended the first leg and went home. Though SM City Bicutan is open until 11 pm, I begged to just use that time to rest because we were after all going to a pandesal birthday party. When I reached home, I slept and left the house at 11 pm. Since traffic going to Alabang was insane, we arrived there at 12:00 and I started to feel so sleepy, Mitch and I decided to stopover at ATC for coffee. I needed a booster.

We arrived at the party quarter to 1 am. I saw friends who wished me a happy homecoming. I met the Birthday Boy, enjoyed their company and had a drink that I thought I could handle. Bacardi Apple will forever stick in my mind right now. I knew I was so talkative, buzzed, but not radical. I exchanged crazy texts with people and I think once I hit the bed, I was a goner.

My sleep was cut short by my brother who needed a ride to his Guitar lesson. He woke me up at 8:30 am and I felt my stomach hurl. I was thankful that my head wasn't throbbing, but my stomach is. I wanted to throw up and I felt so dehydrated. The last time I felt like this was after my birthday party 2 years ago. I know the only way to remedy this is to drink lots of liquid and to eat a full course meal.

I took an uncomfortable shower, drove my brother to his music school and looked for a restaurant to hopefully kill my stomach-hangover. I hated the feeling. I ordered for softdrinks, water, Tapa meal and molo soup. Eating was a pain and I thought I was going to hurl, but it made me feel a lot better. At around 11 am, I picked up my brother, went home and immediately went to SM Bicutan with my mother to check out the last day sale. I bought comfortable dresses and tops on 50% off and I bought a cool pair of casual shoes for 10% off. My father went there as well and we had lunch at Savory, one of my favorite restaurants that serve tasty chicken. I honestly felt a lot better after and I was able to stay for a couple of hours.

My weekend was very fun, productive and in a way relaxing because it totally took my mind off work. I was able to spend time with Mitch. I bought my new pair of eyeglasses. I reunited with friends, acquired new clothes and feasted on some of my favorite food. I still dread the work week, but at least there's another weekend to look forward to. Next weekend: Hongkong!

No comments: