Monday, October 18, 2010

Somewhat Spontaneous Sunday

My Sunday was intended to buy pasalubongs for our Cincinnati counterparts. I drove to the office to meet my hardworking team leader Teresa and together we went to Greenhills at 11 in the morning. The crowd was pretty manageable and before shopping we decided to eat first at Le Ching, an authentic noodle and dimsum house which I have grown to love over the years. They are very widely known for their pork spareribs, but I usually get their Wanton and Fish Tofu Rice. Whenever my boyfriend and I go to Greenhills, we don't think of anywhere else to eat. Le Ching is yummy, authentic and cheap, which will make you wait for tables especially during lunch hour.


*Teresa thinking of what to buy. Both of us dread Monday already. She had Wanton Noodle soup and I had Fish Tofu Rice and Hakaw. Yummy.


After eating, we found ourselves in the maze of good finds. It took an effort for us not to look around and buy clothes and shoes. We had to focus on finding stuff for our American counterparts. After an hour of searching we bought mother of pearl accessories for the girls, native wooden back-scratcher for the guys and the funny barrel man displays, which I hope they find humor in. Then we went to the groceries to buy local chocolates like Flat Tops and Choc-Nut while tossing in some cornicks. After going through the maze and the hassle, we settled down for coffee and cheesecake at Starbucks and met our colleague Heidi who is a true blooded local of Greenhills. At around 4 pm, we decided to go home and call it a day.

As I dropped Teresa in Makati I didn't know where else to go. I still didn't want to go home. If I do I'll just sleep and my weekend will not be fully maximized. Mitch was in a shoot and everyone else was doing their Sunday duties. I wanted to pass by Fully Booked at Fort, a place that would comfort me, but knowing that it's in Fort and near the office, eventually killed the desire. I didn't also find the encouragement in hanging out in Greenbelt. Without plans, I drove south and was about to go home and surrender to dullness when my good friend Khae called and asked to meet her and her cousin-slash-colleague of mine. Since they're from Alabang they decided to meet me halfway. We went to Brittany Bay in Sucat.




*Got Adobong Kangkong, Sizzling Bulalo and Sisig Bangus. I got Sisig Bangus, which is always my favorite here. Adobong Kangkong is okay, don't appreciate it that much because I don't eat Kangkong. Sizzling Bulalo with gravy is so-so.


It's always fun to go to Brittany Bay if you want to avoid the crowd and plainly hang out. Also I had wanted to see the bakeshop that my friend owns, which I failed to visit during soft opening. Unfortunately, the bakeshop is closed and it was this time that it began to rain. The three of us decided to eat at Dencio's to catch up and have coffee afterwards at Figaro.

Same old people with same old anxieties about work and life. Food, good conversation and a gloomy weather always make everything better.

No comments: