Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Concise Accounts of Absence

It's been like forever since I wrote a blog. The only thing that would actually keep me from writing are the following: 1. absolutely no internet connection 2. poor health which connects to mental and extremity degradation 3. Intense chores, errands or WORK.

Yes, even though a person like me that usually manages well may still have challenging times to face after all. (Usually the challenges are exaggerated ones) But all's done and all's well, now that obviously I can write, I can say my work sphere has shifted to a normal pace.

Sipping my coffee, I recount of the things that happened two days past. Well, it seems like everyday was just a series of random events. It doesn't feel like I'm threading a specific day. Everything seems to be trickling into minutes and hours. The difference just lies on exactly what I eat and whom I get to talk to. So I can say the past few days were dull.

Oh, except the weekend of course. Since my beloved went to Batangas to pursue his photo shoots, with his photo buds, I went on a spontaneous roadtrip with a dear old friend of mine in College. This friend of mine and I never really get to talk everyday, but our friendship is untainted by time and distance. Vanessa, my dear friend, is an ultimate roadtrip-backpaker type. She likes to get away from the city. When I was in Los Angeles, my father left me with Vanessa and she gave meaning to the word VACATION.

Together with her friends from Dell, we drove to Laiya on a gloomy Friday night and headed back to Manila on Sunday night. It was a quick escape from the city. The trip was called for and spending it with Vanessa and new found friends made it all worth it.

Then Monday came, well the hours came. Monday didn't really stick in my head except for that I finished (finally) Susan Howatch's book, The Wheel of Fortune. I also got to watch the classically amusing Tim Burton Film, Sweeney Todd on DVD, plus I ate a Mango Graham Ice Cream for dinner. Basically that capped off my Monday.

Tuesday, well, the hours again came. The day wasn't that resound despite the fact that my colleagues and I braved Glorietta to have nearly 2 hours duration of lunch, with our NY boss in the office. Daredevils. But a remarkable meet-up was destined to take place when I met with my friend Bags in Coffee Bean Paseo after work. There we exchanged pleasantries and her experiences in fantastic London, and of course my rantings about work. It was a perfectly balanced conversation rolled in laughter and familiar Bags-Kaye banterings.

After reaching Sun Valley we decided to drink to Bags' homecoming and Ian's renaissance period! Towing Mitch along with Tracy, Ria and Carl, we went to Central last night and devoured 2 sets of nacho dishes, tilapia fish fillet chips, calamares, pitcher of mango rhum and a pitcher of some other orange hard drink that, from the looks of Bags whenever she drinks it, I wouldn't dare try.

It was a perfect ending for a jampacked day. You know that something's not quite at place and the drive's been replaced my mechanical acts of accomplishment. But then again, we should have days like these to look forward to the better days.

Now It's Wednesday. At least I know and breathe that it's Wednesday. I'm currently enjoying my coffee. I can now write, plus I can continue watching Death Note Episode 8 on you tube. It's already becoming better already.


What was that past two days all about? Dullness or a random set of unfamiliar planetary motion? Or it's just PMS? Stop analyzing, start living.

No comments: