Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Top things guys look for in a girl

It's easy to bombard anyone nowadays of surveys, other quasi-relationship tidbits and features out there, may it be online or not. Before I never really did pay much attention to it, especially the likes of "top Things you know about the opposite sex," "What do guys really look for in a girl?" yada-yada-yada. I mean, come on! Tell me something, a low eq person like me doesn't know. It really doesn't take a genius to know what a guy looks for in a girl, right? I mean seriously, all one has to do is to spend a day with a guy friend, and pretty much your guesses are bound to be confirmed. In the surface, it's easy to get the resounding traits they're looking for:

1. She has to be beautiful
2. She has to be sexy or appealing = Hots for Sexy time
3. She has to be faithful

Not necessarily in that order, but these just play around the top three.

Unpretentious. Simply men. Contrary to us girls, who look for more intricacies. We just darn make it complicated.

But amazingly, while I was looking at these top surveys in answerbag.com, I just recently remembered this one show I watched in ETC last year. If I can remember correctly it was the TODAY news and it was aired one dull sunday afternoon. Usually, I don't pay attention to these topics, frankly it's something that I think I don't need to further study on, but since it was a dull afternoon and the speakers were supposed to be accredited, I listened.

The survey that I am seeing now, and the things social experts told on the Today news, are somewhat the same, and lo and behold, this might not reconcile on what we originally knew men really look for.

The top 5 traits, if I can remember correctly that men are looking for in a girl (Partner-material) are:

1. Confidence
2. Humor
3. Intelligence
4. Faithfulness
5. Good in Bed / Sexiness

Interesting. Excuse the precision, but I might be mixing up the order, but definitely number 5 stays in number 5. I can also remember my surprise when I found out that it trailed in the list.

Matching it with answerbag.com, an online legit forum, most men consider, confidence, humor and intelligence. Faithfulness is already an understatement for both parties. But being good in bed is already a plus?? but not the most important. While beauty and sexiness are relative. It might be hard to digest at first, but when you think about it, it just makes sense.

They value a girl with confidence that can act up with admirable levels of maturity. The guys is not looking for a wham bam machine, it must be diverse and intelligent enough to carry possible conversations. As what an AOL Pulser man said "My theory is, no matter how hot that person is, eventually you'll definitely get tired of it, and it'll just fade away. So there must be other more spiritual and intellectual things you get along with when time erases all the physical hunger."--Smart answer.

Well, believe it or not. It's anyones call, but now, I'm definitely believing.

No comments: