Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Valentines, might as well

Speaking of the Romantic Month, I should somehow make an effort to be romantically knowledgeable about certain stuff. From restaurant promos to online features and articles, almost everything is focused right now on the subject of relationships, love and romance (did I just type romance?). At immediate judgment, I could easily dismiss this as being purely mushy and commercial. I'm not alien to the season though. I've lived and observed valentines, and for me, it's so overrated that seeing it face to face, my system might automatically disintegrate. If you're thinking I'm bitter, you're totally wrong. If you're thinking I'm cynical, well in a way. I've had my own shares and reason for celebrating Valentine's, and I do appreciate the reason for its existence, but what I don't understand is how people give so much fuss about that it tends to feel too commercial and too icky for anyone's varying personalities.


So let's get down to the topics that I feel are real, interesting and ha-ha funny. So, I suggest for the rest of the year and for the rest of anyone's Valentines celebration, one should just check out the commercial views and lamentations on the door. Valentine's are for everyone, whether we like it or not. It's quite a bit obtuse if we only see Valentines as romantic love, well wake up and smell the 21st century, Valentines is for creative celebration to commemorate any forms of love and everyone...definitely everyone...is entitled to his or her own chocolates!


Pix source 1: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:BigPinkHeart.jpg
Pix source 2: http://www.cynical-c.com/archives/bloggraphics/heart.jpg

No comments: