Friday, February 29, 2008

Sweet and Sour February End

Happy Birthday to all Feb 29 Celebrants!

To those who are born just now, be happy guys because you're bound to experience quasi birthday celebrations and a 'special' funky child syndrome in your lifetime. You may have the flexibility to choose your birthdays in those three years of Feb 29 absence..

Aside from Feb 29, as the leap year, this day will again go down to history, people. Buckle up.

On a personal note, work in the office today is pretty minimal, minimal means, it's only limited to reading news feeds, and anticipating every information about the upcoming rally...yes the upcoming rally for the month...more of like the nth time.

Damn. rally+payday+friday= MAJOR TRAFFIC

But this day has its minor good sides.

It's Month end and a friday at that, which means we get to have our Queensland Catered lunch at the office, while I ponder on what to do with the rest of the day. My NY boss already solved this particular dilemma of his as he decided to join the rally and witness the Philippine Political system in motion. We tried to tell him to dress simpler, in tsinelas, and he said "Cool, I've got my havaianas...well..." For him, it's a chance to get free ice cream from the Mayor. He has to practice the chant though.."Gloria resign" Thrill seeker in the Philippine Commercial District.

Me? Will I join the rally? Well, there is no question that I would be coming across the rally, since the organizers have brilliantly scheduled it at 5 in the afternoon, when people are actually off from their work, and passing by the strategic rally spots of Ayala-Paseo. You've got to hand it to these organizers to stop traffic and encourage onlookers, who will soon to be tallied as part of the rally. Don't believe the newsflash of statistics, people.

Good thing I have mixed feelings about this than none at all. Personally, I'd rather go home and pig out on my Father's Birthday celebration.

As I type this, a colleague of mine from his recent trip to Ayala, told me they're already starting to block off the major Ayala-Paseo intersection, setting up stages and stuff. Before I get stressed out on the gloomy homeward travel I'm bound to experience, I decided to devour whatever free lunch I'm getting...and this is not from any officials funding the rally.

2 comments:

alwaysanxious said...

You probably have to get used to more rallies coming (most likely at your area still). The endgame to this political turmoil will take sometime, I think.

-Lalah

kaye layson said...

Yeah, it will really take some time getting into me. I don't know sometimes I feel that I've lost all the energy. I even posted my sentiments about this topic, in the site of jessicarulestheuniverse, correspondence blog. Well, I sincerely hope the best in this country, there's no question that my faith still lies here. thanks Lalah!