Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentines 101: The Night of the Glutton Feast

Again, probably this would be the last Blog entry of Valentines 2008. First of all, this is the perfect Valentine's of all sorts. Before, my dad used to just treat us to a family dinner. Even he was bugged by the Valentine requirements. Technically, we would just be dining somewhere, getting it over with and lastly applaud my dad's effort to make something happen. We were usually surrounded by couples, and I'm sure my dad was praying that we'd always be his date.

But as time flies, we become aware of the dimensions of human relationships with the opposite sex, he began to let go. Now he can just concentrate his time with my mom.

Last night, my dad picked me up at the office bringing loads of food, as if we're having the first noche buena of the year. He bought pizzas, roasted chicken, macaroni salad and potato dishes. I knew Valentine's is beginning to be right!

When I reached home, my mom just arrived from SMB, where she bought Jollibee feast of chicken for my brother! Double the fun! Hey, I wanted to contribute! So I took the car, drove to the nearest grocery store and brought 2 gallons of Ice Cream for dessert!

As I was happily driving home, I called Mitch. My excitement couldn't be hidden as my stomach churns of hunger.

When I came home, we ate together, just like we always do, but the difference is, we all had our major contributions. It was a good and plentiful Valentine's day actually!

AFter dinner, Mitch arrived bringing a cutely wrapped dozen box of cookies! Thanks to his filial connections! We enjoyed the remaining of the pizza, sugar free ice cream and other delights.

Oh, did I mention that my 'nanay', Aunt Susan also brought her own share. She brought oriental feasts of pancit, lumpia and siomai!

I think I haven't been fully, sickenly stuffed like this since New Year 2008!

Wow! I dare say, I enjoyed Valentine's. I really really enjoyed it...surprisingly. I spent it with my beloved. I wasn't hassled in any way, and most importantly.. I think you already know the other reason why. :)

No comments: