Monday, February 11, 2008

Starbucks New Phil. Addition (On Selected stores only)

I’ll say it again, much to my own surprise, I never thought I’d be a Starbucks regular. Well, not to say that I’m totally ga-ga over their coffee. I like coffee, period, any coffee, but for preference sake nothing beats Coffee Bean for me. But what I do like in Starbucks, the largest coffee shop chain in the world, is their selections of bread, pastries and edible thingamagics that goes well with coffee, juice, tea or milk. Plus of course the factor that it’s just at the ground floor of our office building really makes a difference.

If you’ve read my previous blog about what’s happening with Starbuck’s in the US, is that they’ve gone into a marketing revamp on their menus and expansion. They have cited that aside from closing 100 underperforming stores, they will also pull out breakfast made sandwiches in their menus. I’m sure McDonald’s or Dunkin Donuts offer equally yummy and cheaper selections minus the gourmet score of what Starbucks has to offer, but I was surprised of what I was about to see this morning.

Monday morning as it is, I didn’t get much sleep plus I forgot my hair tie at home, it’s already a premonition of how wonderful my day’s going to be, sarcastically speaking of course. I went to Starbuck’s to get my daily fix, when I saw brilliantly wrapped sandwiches in whit e sheets, lined up at their freezer by the counter. They have enticing banners promoting the addition to their menus. It’s a FOUR TASTY CHOICES OF SORT OF GOURMET SANDWICHES. All four costs 90-95 pesos each and their breads, kind of expensive. They’re not huge club-sized sandwiches, but sandwiches in pretty sosyal bread like Multigrain bagel and Ciabatta. To enumerate it profoundly, the first selection is of Bacon strips, egg and cheese. Second is Hungarian Sausage, Egg and Cheese. Third is Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil, for dieters I presume, but yummy as well. And last is Black Forest Ham, Egg White and Cheese. Well they all sound yummy to me, and everything is worth a try. Having a new humongous oven over the counter, attempting to accommodate Sandwich lovers and regulars, I say let’s get it on.

No comments: