Friday, February 8, 2008

Friday Madness

Today is not like any ordinary day.

First, I spent my very early morning with my dear Mitch, as I went with him to MMC to get his scheduled blood test. The smell of hospital, for some reason, calms me down.

Second, after dropping me at my 'supposed' niche to 'work,' I decided to get some coffee and take care of some bank matters. Grabbing my phone and book (Susan Howatch), I went down and tried to withdraw whatever's left in my paltry account. Out of stupidity and stubbornness, my ATM pin got locked. The First try was I kept on pressing 4 instead of 3, naturally because I was damn busy reading, I didn't notice the blunder. Second, my hand accidentally slipped, my problem again...and a little percentage on the blasted oily machine. And third, I simply got the numbers mixed up. The next thing I saw on the screen was "Your Pin has been locked, please contact your main depository branch immediately."
Shit. My world just stopped for a second. I've got no cash and it's a Friday.

Sensibility kicked in. I went to my Director and asked her where our main depository branch is located. She said it's somewhere over Arnaiz, which means I have to take a cab. But DING DING DING lo and behold I have emergency money at the side of my wallet compartment, just enough for lunch, taxi rides and hopefully surviving the weekend if I stay at home or if Mitch, my darling Mitch, would be extra charitable...anyways, that's why man created credit cards.(Thanks for the reminder...mother!)

So at around 9:15 I got a taxi and went straight to the bank to fix up my mess. It was damn hassle, man. Makati streets could be damn vicious sometimes, especially at this rush hour. It's cramped up with people who are rushing to get to their offices, rushing to go to their interviews and other business affairs and someone in the middle of a sea of cramped cars, a degenerate person is rushing to get to the bank to settle the LOCKED ATM PIN.

Eventually I reached my destination and filled out a form while seriously clutching on my remaining cash.

Ho well, so it's done. Filled out some forms and got assurance that I'll be able to use my ATM on Monday Afternoon. Great! Now, I just have to survive the weekend! I bet they're snickering at me..."Of all the damn days to get your PIN locked...she picked Friday!" Enough of you, you extremely paranoid psycho bitch! (That's me)

I looked at the time, it's almost 10, but no rush. I went to MCS to view the latest DVD titles and see what I can bring home for a movie night, but after 10 minutes of browsing..my stomach churned.

I took a taxi and directed it to drive to the nearest convenient store at our building. I grabbed a salad and a drink. I made my second entry at our office at 10:30. People are still either missing from their breakfast...or simply absent. No guilty feeling transpired.

As I was busy doing my 'work,' Ary, a colleague, was "delighted or coerced" to treat us to lunch. Hence we got a taxi and headed to Thai in the Box in greenbelt. After the delicious meal, we found ourselves at Glorietta until 3 o'clock that is! Naughty naughty naughty! That's why I haven't been posting much blogs today because I'm busy...so busy being far far away.

Ho well, still thankful.

No comments: