Thursday, May 14, 2009

TEAM ADAM

I've never been a fan of American Idol...until Adam Lambert came along.

I applaud his talent, his bravery and his artistry.

I wasn't surprised when it was recently announced that he would go on to compete in the final showdown next week. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he would be crowned the next idol. Gosh, for all the winners that I have come to hear and observe, he is the best. If there is an American Idol Winners showdown, he would still come to the top. That is how great he is.

But for him to advance on the final round, one of the three remaining contenders would be eliminated. Unfortunately that was Danny Gokey. I like Danny Gokey better than Kris Allen actually. Both may have amazing voice and have the same boy next door aura, but Danny Gokey exudes maturity and his voice is on the raspy side, which I love. But I have to hand it to Kris Allen. His face could easily sell records and he is braver for showing his more artistic side.

As to the final outcome, like most of us, we have our bets but we can never tell who's going to be the winner. Danny Gokey's fans might easily shift their votes to Kris Allen and knowing that there are lots of factors for people to vote and technically a million of Americans who are given the power to choose, at this point, it's anyone's game.

Hands down I vote for Adam Lambert. Forget about his personal tastes, his hairstyle, his preference. He has got an enormous talent that people deserve to hear and appreciate. It is what the competition is all about.

Kris Allen is good, but Adam Lambert is better...for me. Nevertheless these two would sell records later on; and winning American Idol would just end up being the icing on the cake.


http://addybw.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/adam-lambert-1.jpg

No comments: