Tuesday, June 2, 2009

After another vacation

After settling back down with full blast internet, comfortable at my own bed, my dad ranting on my absence, my own bathroom a few feet away from me and actually playing with Harvey a couple of minutes back, I finally realize that I'm home.

Late this afternoon, I arrived to a gloomy and rainy Manila from a scorching hot Cagayan De Oro City. From the green horizons, sound proof surroundings to industrialization and traffic, I come home to Manila, with endless honking, congested road traffic and towering establishments. I must admit that there are few things that I missed like accessible internet, cheap transportation and fast food, but the absences were bearable. It wasn't like I was going to die when I was there. In fact the quiet and simple life of Camiguin pushed me to accept the fact that I could live there, however my companion could not. CDO, a bigger city of a brother to Camiguin, has more to offer to those who might miss Manila so badly. Spending the night there efore going back to Manila made the visual transition a lot easier.

But now that I'm fully settled knowing that a load of work is waiting for me at the office, I face again another painful transition. Similar to any ending to a relaxing and wonderful vacation, the painful transition to reality lurks at the corner. For me, it takes a while, a lot of psychological warfare to wake up early for work, put on work clothes that I feel wouldn't fit me anymore, seeing people you wouldn't want to see and diving into work that sometimes loses ones' spirit. It's hard, but life is not all about the happy times.

I had fun in Camiguin and Cagayan De Oro. There is no denying that almost everything went perfect. Although there were big glitches and expensive ones that came along the way, but nothing that I couldn't handle. There is no point dwelling on the bad side, what's important is the best parts were enjoyed to the highest. To tell you the truth, I'm still on a high. Coming home to a weather that I love even strongly makes the happy memories linger and dreams sweeter. It's always harder to wake up.

No comments: