Sunday, April 4, 2010

Prelude: CLASH OF THE TITANS

Would it be a sin to lambaste the review of this 2010 Clash of the Titans movie in full detail? I know it's Easter Sunday, but--

I am a fan of Greek Mythology and I am particularly a fan of the 1981 film version of Clash of the Titans. I think I wasn't overboard in expecting something more from the 2010 movie knowing that we are already capable with amazing effects and all. I think it should have enhanced the movie further, but I wasn't much impressed with the effects. In truth, I wasn't happy with the movie in its totality.

I think a part of me expected more because Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes are there. Their participation is enough to assure me in some way that the movie is somehow worth it. I'm sure with their credentials and experiences, they wouldn't want to just do a movie out of nothing. But sadly, I don't know what happened. It was a mess. Most fans of the story didn't like it. Those who have no idea what the movie is all about got more confused. And those who are looking for pure entertainment wished they just bought it in DVD. I just have to be honest.

But first I would have to go to Easter mass and pray for this because everytime I remember the 2010 movie, I just get irritated. Oh well...later.



No comments: