Sunday, December 27, 2009

Blogging in 2009

My Christmas gift from boyfriend slash sister will be delayed due to technical and design aspects. I've double checked the developments and boyfriend was vague. Since I'm a realist and I never liked vague answers, I've rehashed my time line. The launch of my own site has been moved and I'm finding myself too sadistic to demand accomplishments without understanding the technical and IT aspects. I guess I would still be using blogger after all.

No reason to bitch and sulk. I like blogger. It serves as my online diary and writing exercise. It made me feel comfortable about publishing my thoughts where random people could easily read. I don't have to pay and setup anything. Most importantly, it's user-friendly. I never envisioned myself leaving this site and to create my own until I began looking for advanced features and customization. I wanted my own identity. When I felt I was ready, I began hinting for my own site as a Christmas present.

I had the interest and passion for writing since I was a kid, but I only started blogging in 2006. I posted my first blog in Multiply, which is still alive, but now seldom updated. Mitch introduced me to blogger when he found out that I love write. I started with baby steps. I've changed templates a couple of times until I settled and learned the ropes.

What are my exact reasons for blogging anyways? First, I want an outlet. I've always wanted to write, doodle and dapple with words. I'm not a talkative person. I'm a hardcore introvert, but when it comes to writing I let loose. Blog seems to be my best outlet in getting heard clearly. It's a subtle way of getting recognized and published in a modern sense. Second, I want to be comfortable online. I'm not a techie person and online sites sometimes scare me. Blogging proved to be friendly and I find it gratifying and comforting to have that small address and space online, a space in blogosphere. Lastly, I want to learn and read stories or blogs plus share my own blogs in return. There are different types of blogs that cater to different types of readers. There are professional blogs that mean business, entertainment and personal blogs that provide cultural information and entertainment. Blogs are good avenues to disseminate information as it is perfect avenues to get to know the bloggers without being too intrusive. I also find it gratifying to be able to share salient information that might prove helpful to some. The appreciation and comments from various bloggers just puts extra sugar in having and maintaining a blog.

I still have a lot to learn. I have my lapses in so many ways. But I don't think I'd stop blogging anytime soon. I don't mind if I only have 10 readers or even less. I would be extremely grateful if I have lots, but for those who've read and followed me all these years, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for bearing what I have to write, which isn't perfect, but I hope have helped you somewhere along the way. As I'm closing and archiving another year for this blog, I can't wait writing my 2010 posts, which hopefully should be positive, enriching and informative. Hopefully I'd get to blog in my new site soon.

I just can't wait to blog my next year!



http://www.ucd.ie/quinn/t4cms/i_love_blogging-787805.jpg

No comments: