Saturday, December 26, 2009

Post Christmas Relaxation

I need a break. I mean a real break. Thank goodness my parents decided to have a quick escape somewhere in Batangas. I think we are in Nasugbu. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. I was reading and sleeping and eating on the way here. When I'm stressed, I'm not an attentive passenger.

I just finished a powerful Letter of Complaint that my mom was supposed to submit to the village authorities this morning before we headed off here. Going home late from poker last night at a friend's house (the friend whose car's side mirror was destroyed in the incident), I knew I was in deep shit as I haven't concluded my letter. I set the alarm at 6 am, but actually woke up at 6:30 and I finally wrote the last paragraph. I read the whole letter once and I was impressed. I sounded mean, but I definitely mean business. Unfortunately though the office is not open and my mom decided to postpone the submission on Monday. As of the moment, we want to relax.

I packed my bags at 8, ate breakfast, played with Harvey and by 10 am we departed. Sucat extension was already packed. Obviously, we had a long way to go; and my father and I need our daily chug of coffee.

SLEX Petron was damn stressful by the way. McDonald's was jam-packed, and I mean packed that some had to eat standing up at the hallways. The line in the convenient store was crazy and we spent around 15-20 minutes in Starbucks ordering and waiting for our drinks. It seems everyone has the same idea of escaping Manila after the holidays. Tagaytay too was discouraging cause of the heavy traffic and people. I just grabbed my drink and wished we were already in Batangas proper where hopefully we'd be in a way isolated.

When we got to the peaceful, inviting structures of Punta Fuego, I was immediately on peace mode. It doesn't matter if I don't get to swim. As long as there's endless food, good sheets, nice scenery and cable tv, I'm good. I bought a book with me so I got all my artillery. I thought if there's wifi, I may never want to go back. And surprisingly it has and WI-FI here is pretty good, better than what we have in Manila sometimes.

This is the life. This is what I need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.