Friday, September 18, 2009

A new Leaf starts today

For this week, I've been slumped with work, not toxic, but quite busier than usual. Everything was manageable, but the schedule and the unforeseen events not really worth mentioning kept me away from blogging for the past few days. Now I'm relishing the start of another yummy long weekend.

This yummy long weekend started today when I made a new lease in life. This is officially the first day of my lifestyle change and I'm seriously clinging to it. No more excuses. No more shortcuts. Just primary pain then eventual bliss if I do it right. Today I had a chance to sign on (literally) contracts upon contracts of commitment that involved me spending lots of monetary resources that I thought I couldn't be able to handle. I admit it was financially painful for me, but I believe this is something that I have to do for myself. There was an automatic hand that made me sign and surrender. At first it was not a priority I immediately recognized, I denied it. But I know that it's something that I have to do for myself...now.

I paid for a one full year of committed relationship with an establishment that would help me achieve a better facet of my renewed lifestyle. I have my complimentary bags, headphones, body books and lifetime pass that could be shared with friends and family. As I signed the contracts and officially starting this new quasi-beginning of mine, I felt I wanted to cry.

With my colleagues supporting me and my family surprisingly agreeing with me on this endeavor, I feel I'm truly blessed for realizing this opportunity. I just hope I can be able to follow through and see results in the near future.

Today is an early start to a loving end, tomorrow is another story, the rest is a wonderful journey.

No comments: