Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Task List for the Week

These past few weeks have been very busy and surprising. I nursed anxieties, cradled disappointments, surprisingly was offered a much better job, accepted the job offer, resigned in my current company, now undergoing transition, spent glorious time with friends, and shocked my bank account by bursting space in my stomach that I had mild food poisoning. But everything's calm (not necessarily well) and what I need to do now is to refocus by listing down my tasks for the week, which I will accomplish.


Task 1:

I have so many things to write, but I end up doing something else. Recently, I've been feeling so tired before writing that I sleep with my laptop on hibernation. This is despite the fact that I haven't been to work for 5 days, including the weekends and the Labor Day Holiday. I used those free days to fix papers, accomplish domestic errands, rest and enjoy my complementary leaves by eating out, catching up with friends and revisiting my couch potato moments.

Task 2:

I'm currently reading Susan Howatch's The Heartbreaker. It's a fairly interesting story about an elite leisure business in London getting mixed up with a sacred organization. It's very entertaining only that I could not find the perfect time to finish it. I'm stuck in the middle chapters. I could not find the time to progress. The last time I touched that book was last Saturday.

Task 3:

My closet right now is a landmine. I haven't been to the gym for two months and I feel that some of my clothes don't fit anymore. Due to limited time and comfortable fitting clothes, I'd always end up tossing clothes here and there. Just dressing up this morning, I saw my closet and I cringed. Clearly, this is another thing that I have to accomplish this weekend.

Task 4:

In connection to task number three, I really need to go to the gym and cut down on food. Seriously.

Task 5:

I have to accomplish my clearance and US visa application. I have less than 20 days in my current job to fix my clearance and I heard that getting it done is such a turmoil. Also, my family is getting their VISA's approved and I have to accomplish some set of requirements to get mine this month.

Task 6:

I have to complete my pre-employment medical form by this Friday.

Task 7:

I have to finally list down my candidates for this election. Villar is definitely not included by the way.

Task 8:

I have to narrow down my plans to achieve my online information site project and customized blog that have been egging for months. With all the things that radomly came to my life, these goals are immediately tagged non-priorities.

Task 9:

I have to save whatever I can and budget remaining resources however I can.

Task 10:

Plan for another vacation. Scout for a possible car. And refine my 2010 goals for the 2nd quarter.



Now that I've listed major task lists down, I feel more motivated. With prayers, plans and a boost of confidence, I believe I'm on my way. Enough of the happy times for now. It's time to get my balance back and collide with reality. It's time to get things done.

But first, it's time for me to get back to work. Sigh.

Wish me luck. Will post later!

No comments: