Saturday, September 6, 2008

Daily doze of motivation

There's a Baker's Fair at Rockwell this weekend where genuine and hard to find dessert concessionaires are gathered. These are not neophytes to the trade. They are sophisticated, enticing and independent bakers that were once the best kept secrets of the Metro. One cake is featured in chuvaness' blog made by Estel's. I've gotten the opportunity to taste their famous caramel cake in one of the shindigs of Mitch's relatives. It was heavenly. I understand the whole buzz about it now.

It's also an opportunity for me to try their goods and get their contacts for the looming Christmas' banquets, which I'm really looking forward to with stress and fun combined.

I want to go, but the gloomy mood tries to keep me still today. I have an entire new book to read, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell, which I got at a sweet bargain from our company's book sale yesterday.

I've also pretty much read the blogs that I usually read. I got my daily doze of news and my mind's been cleared. A friend even called me a couple of minutes ago because he was bored and he needed to pester someone. Unfortunately, I'm not in the mood.

What would I want to do now? Probably, go to the dessert fair and read. How come something's pulling me back? Ah, the gloomy weather.


Reference:
Baker's Fair at Rockwell, featured at chuvaness.com

No comments: