Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A very special John Lloyd Post

And so after my dinner yesterday with Mitch and his relatives, I immediately logged on and planned to make a post. Apparently, I didn't stick to it. My idea retreated into the deep recesses of my brain as I found myself watching trailers of...A VERY SPECIAL LOVE. I know. Crazy, right? I didn't get to watch the movie due to very unfortunate events although I wanted to, not because of John Lloyd, but because of Sarah Geronimo.

Anyways, the topic of discussion at our pantry yesterday was John Lloyd Cruz. Almost every bachelorette there watched the movie and they all agreed on one other thing (aside from the movie's funny and way better than FOR THE FIRST TIME), that John Lloyd's gaze could make you sizzle even if you're in the center of the Arctic. The John Lloyd TITIG sends "kilig" in the highest intensity that even the heartless of spinsters would find reasons to fall in love again and look for their own John Lloyds. I was instantly amused at how the girls in the pantry declared their love for the guy. Even if he wasn't there, the "kilig" rocked us into laughters.

I was intrigued. I wanted to put it to a test. Although, I've no objections about John Lloyd as an actor. The guy can brilliantly act. He looks clean and he is not pretentious on cam (is there such a thing?). I appreciate that he may possess a handsome face, that's too next-door type. But truth is, he isn't really my type. I wouldn't expect to find myself crooning at his infamous gaze no matter how girls are ranting about it. So trying to prove myself wrong, I searched for some trailer clips in Youtube and watched some versions. It led me to conclude that the guy is really handsome. He has an aura of a protector and of good influence. He's the type of guy that fathers and mothers would instantly approve of. He has the type of face that makes girls believe that he is the ONE. The structure is soft and very amiable. His stares are clear and doe eyed. He has the best genetic makeup of pulling off a good stare. If it goes beyond that comical personality, then the world has a male jackpot. Now, I seem to understand the fuss of his existence.

I may not find myself going ga-ga, but one thing is for sure. I'd pick HIM over Richard Gutierrez any day.

No comments: