Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thank Go-sh for Bank cars!

The company that I work for gives its employees tons of benefits. Some benefits, or most of them, weren’t available to me in my 5 years of professional life with other global organizations. Others did not even strike me as benefits I could readily use until the day came that I have actually found reasons to use them like bank cars for example.

I know this benefit doesn’t apply or entice everyone. Frankly, I never thought that I would actually use it, but our company deploys bank cars in different commuting stations and malls where it is a main thoroughfare to get to your main ride. Bank cars eliminate the point of hailing a taxi within Makati just to get to MRT Buendia or MRT Ayala. It eliminates walking especially to those who aren’t fans. It provides a free and convenient service to those who go home to either LRT or Libis. Especially, it eliminates your personal expenses with gas, weaving through the metro, and immediately shelters you to battling it out in the rain just like what happened last night.

Last night, I fell in line to use the bank car since it was raining; and hailing a cab seemed futile. Some trips got in first. Trips to Libis and MRT Buendia were the first ones to go. The third trip was for SM Makati or Landmark bound, where I got in. While I’m inside I realized the level of convenience this brings. Even if I’m just on my way to SM Makati from Paseo De Roxas, I could feel the amount of gas I did save compared to me weaving out of the busy and crowded streets. I could just easily meet my ride or my companion at a more convenient point.

These are the types of benefits I’m talking about. These aren’t glaring monetary or career enhancement benefits, but it’s a benefit made for security and daily convenience. It’s also not as if you would opt to use bank cars almost every day. There is a relatively long cue in line, but it never hurts to try it. Before you know it, it might sometimes be a solution called for desperate times.

1 comment:

kegler747 said...

I miss the times we share a cab just to go to Glorietta or Rockwell for a lunch out :)