Friday, September 26, 2008

We lost...and?

And so the rivalry continues and I think it won’t ever die down.

Yeah we lost the UAAP Season 71 Basketball League...over Ateneo. Double Crap. But a Lasallian’s life gracefully goes on. Ateneans might have a good lineup this year (And fairly good looking players), but Basketball is basketball. It’s not just the only aspect of “institutional quality.” I specifically don’t mind giving way, I mean, for a change? We don’t have anything else to prove anyways, and we’re so mature and saturated with the sweetness of victory. We have so many things to offer to just be completely ridiculed. One thing, we are never going to be that obvious when we’re hungry. Seriously.

Well, this post is not about my brilliant school, that’s DLSU, and the time I’ve blissfully spent in its state of the art buildings. I’m not going to magnify how I survived the horrendous curriculum and the intense pressure of a Lasallian’s life. I’m not even going to bash the other school just to feel better. What for? I’m already proud of my school anyways and whatever specific area do we need to prove? We excel in special fields and produce the best accountants, business thinkers, engineers and computer experts. We also have strong liberal arts, science and education curriculum. And...contrary to popular Atenean beliefs, we’re not apathetic. For the record, we’re fast paced movers and we are taught in an environment to make up our own minds. We are competitive, but we do not rely on the name. We rely on results. We’re not hogged down by the intense school spirit just to fight the other school. For us, there’s really no need to. It’s already understated. At least that’s how I felt when I was in La Salle and that’s how I still feel up to now. So I don’t really mind if I’m surrounded by Ateneans in a room, or if they bash my school in front of me. I’ll defend it however I can in a way a Lasallian is taught to do. Observe the potential nitwits for entertainment, point out the objectives and be practical not to engage in word-shit brawls because it’s a waste of time and resources. Learn from a Lasallian about managing time, alienation and metropolitan pressure, then some can start brilliantly talking.

Crap we lost, but sometimes too much of everything is bad. Carry on.

No comments: