Saturday, September 20, 2008

Traffic.Parking.Dinner.Window Shopping.

Erk I noticed that I have two days of non-posting when in fact I have 4 posts "egging" in my office hard drive. Blast. Due to many system testings yesterday I forgot to send those posts to my private email. Anyways, that would just have to wait next week. I couldn't replicate the same hard-biting words that I randomly collected to make a post about the rescue of AIG, a woman in the elevator and a thing called marriage. And anyways those posts are not time bound so they could perfectly fit for next week.

Moving on, I suffered from an intense traffic from my office in Makati to Serendra Fort last night. It took me 40 minutes to get there and another 20 minutes to search and wait for that perfect parking spot. By the time I got to Conti's (with my legs shaking) to meet Mitch, Paolo and Pia, I was so damn hungry. Mitch's food and my sumptuous baked salmon were waiting for us, cold. Paolo and Pia already had their fill, while Mitch, knowing him, is about to reach maximum stress limit and starvation. I sat down, briefly appreciated the visuals, said my pleasantries and dug in. I think I wasn't able to speak that much and I consumed the dish 10 minutes tops. I savored every bite, yet it just went straight and fluidly to my stomach. I finished everything, the rice, the whole salmon...EVERYTHING.

While Mitch and I were strolling along Boni high, of course we went to Crumpler store, a must-have visit. I swear, they (with Paolo) keep on looking at Crumpler bags everytime we are at Boni High. It's crazy. It's like a part of his prerequisite to live. He just has to get in, chat with the personnel, examine the bags and get out. Same cycle continues even though he knows he couldn't just buy random stuff that are displayed. Actually, he never buys when I'm with him, although there's one freaky time that I caught him pulling out his credit card. I intervened of course. The staff already knows him so well and they just indulge this "Crumpler Fit," this sort of "man obsession with bags."

After Crumpler thank God we went to some Gadget stuff where all small and cute laptops are displayed. He has been brainwashing me ever since to switch to these mini gadgets which, according to him, matches my personality and needs. He tried to nestle the thought in me when I was still perfectly loyal to my heavy "arsenal" laptop, which he calls a Desktop whenever he has to carry it. I am still loyal to that laptop, it's just that I'm beginning to suffer from back pains as well. Maybe it's time to switch and make my old laptop a house laptop (doesn't make sense, right?). Thinking about it, I've become fully ecstatic about these little gadget creations that my face lights up for him to see. Last night, he kept mumbling that "he's in deep trouble." Don't worry my dear, not tonight, I could wait till Christmas. Harhar

After that Gadget trip, we went to Dimensione! I saw the Christmas Trees Chuvaness is blogging about for 5K. It's tall and colorful, pretty much okay, but I'm not sure with the glossy paper leaves it has. It's not so appealing to me in that aspect. So, I transfered my attention to the sofas and kitchen wares. I've noticed now that I have a partial inclination to roam around for stuff to bring to our new house (my dad's). Recently, like for this year, I've found my interests in shopping at department stores' house section, Ace Hardware, Blims, Dimensione, and Ikea would be next. Is it a sign that I should buy my own space now? Gosh, the thought electrifies me and drains my nerves! I would have to work like an ant, then! I even laughed at the thought that if ever I would get to buy stuff for my "Quasi future home with Mitch" (In Gazillion years, don't worry), I'll be the approver and overseer of things. He'd just be there to nod and flip his hand for participation approval. I'll just have to supply him with sugarfree doughnuts to keep him in a happy and stable mood though. Future and Knowledgeable Conniving 101, JOY!

No comments: