Friday, April 10, 2009

Book Crossover Project: Phase 2 Update

Thank goodness for this netbook and wi-fi. Now I can get to take "surf" breaks in my room in the middle of doing my own "penance." As a way of reflecting and cleaning out clutter in my life, it was about time for me to do the chore that I have been tasked to do six months ago. This is my way of doing sacrifice, reflection and reorganization.

As I type, I look at the tower of books yet to be organized and recorded in my newly devised book database. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right and so far so good. I'm on the right track. It seems I have also been a source of delight and irritation to some. If my siblings want to entertain themselves by looking at the mess I've made, they just go into my room and snicker. As far as I'm concerned, they are underestimating me in this feat. Also, my time with Harvey and Mitch have also been compromised for this day. I can already sense a pinch of irritation, but my boys will understand.

With the paid services of my brother, I was able to transfer the books to my room in less than an hour. I've initially sorted the books according to its genre as fast as I could to move on to a more detailed categorization. Before making this blog, I made an elementary MS-Access and Excel database to record all the books in my possession. I did this once, manually with a log book and an access file in my old Presario laptop. But my laptop crashed and my log book is shamelessly outdated. So I have to do everything from scratch.




Oh gosh, my back hurts and I'm on my way to allergy heaven with all the dust from books. I can't wait to just lay in an airconditioned room, with some banana shake and hamburger on the side. Fast foward to Boracay please! Sigh. But as a sacrifice, I'm not complaining. I'm merely releasing a statement.

Ho well, back to work...then take a shower.

No comments: