Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Harvey

Speaking of parties, Harvey's birthday is tomorrow August 18th, which means his celebration is coming up. Being a loving owner of the dog that has given me so much joy, I have long decided to throw a simple birthday party for him. 1 dog year is equivalent to 7 human years, and since time for them flies so fast, birthday celebrations are must. TLC and a good home might be enough to make them feel important, but it's also nice to celebrate it with a bang.

Actually, I'm already in the process of ordering stuff and narrowing down my food choices. It doesn't have to be grand. It just has to be simple and fun for the owners and their dogs. I also have to choose the perfect weekend to hold it, either on August 29 or September 5, but that's quite easy. As long as I can finalize the food, the party favors, the decors and the guestlist, everything else will follow magically. I already have the plans and options anyways, including the help of my sister who's in charge of the invitations.

It's obvious that I'm excited. It's like I'm the one who's having a party. Harvey might not have a clue to what we are preparing for him. My family might not understand, but would just have to stand there and support me. My friends may not entirely get it, but I don't have to explain. I love this dog and a simple party for him is something that I'm ever eager to do even just once.

Dog haters and Harvey-specific haters are absolutely NOT invited.

To Harvey Elizander, Happy 1st birthday, dawg!





*Photo by: mitchbautista.com

No comments: