Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Bright side of being here

Look at the bright side of accidentally finding yourself in the office during weekends. First, you get extra pay. By default that sounds good. The office would be isolated, hence more time to fool around and use chairs as impromptu sofa. You can take long lunch hours and no one would ever reprimand you. There is no heavy traffic. Parking is free and abundant. Plus, you get to do your job fast with no one to disturb you or irritate you.

Working during weekends is actually a good experience, ONLY if you don’t have any particular plans in mind for that weekend. If you just plan to stay and bum around the house, you always have the option to earn and work. Earn the dough that you'll spend in plans that will come up in the near future. If you feel you’re not in a mood to just sit and relax and you want to be productive, then go to work. If you’re not as athletic as I am and does not even engage on any weekend physical activities, going to work might lose you more calories than staying at home.

But of course we all have our limits. This sucks if you already have plans that you can never have the heart or will to break. This would cause a vision of destruction in your mind. It would irritate you and make everything else seem so unfair. You curse your work for sucking up your time for yourself or for your loved ones. You could easily care less about the benefits of working during weekends. You enter into a gloomy mood and inevitably destroy your day. Good thing that wasn't me this weekend. Glad that I had no other mood and I had no other plans.

To be true, I'm here at work managing critical files just like what I did yesterday. Literally, I didn’t have any weekend, but it didn't stop me for accomplishing critical tasks at home. I might as well do more and maximize this slavery. I can say I’ve gotten used to the bright side, even if it's just a facade. I just hope I don't reach my limit.

No comments: