Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year Book Redemption

I'm excited for this fresh year because I'll be eager to start on vast choices of good books that are lined up for me to either purchase or ready to pull out from my shelf. Speaking of which, I have a whole day today to fix my shelf and transfer all my books from the old house once and for all. My room, especially my large shelf, is currently bare right now. I'm pretty meticulous on transferring my books that I end up not doing it at all. I need a couple of free days to accomplish the feat and I only have this weekend to make it work. Hence I'll make this my first choice of important task to accomplish this year.

Second, I also made a choice to engage more on reading. I'm not that proud of my previous year because there were lots of demands and changes that I had to attend to. There were times I ended up making bad decisions and failing miserably. Time was needed for repair to attend to a lot of emotional and physical baggage. Unfortunately one of the grand effects of that is my weak literary escape. I can only count the titles that I've managed to read and enjoy for 2008. I'm sad to report that it wasn't impressive.

Aside from the decrease of titles, there are some books that I've read that didn't make an impact on me, usually those are wild card choices from book sales. There are also titles listed on my phone that I'm supposed to buy, but certain purchases didn't transpire. That's why I choose to engage full blast on reading this year. Apart from the fact that I miss it, I need something to keep me going. This would be my new priority and solution against glitches and indulging in food. A meal can equally cost to 2 potentially good books. The thought motivates me. Towards the end of the year I also started to enjoy reading online and have started buying books that are long egging in my list.

Therefore I'm making this year a year for enjoying books and making good selective decisions. I'm currently finishing up a light and interesting story written by Carol McD. Wallace, which is THE WRONG HOUSE. Family drama set in a very interesting plot of moving to a new house other family members didn't choose. Probably I can relate to the lack of choice and actual drama of territorial transition. After this, it depends on my mood if I'm on for Nicholas Sparks, Ayn Rand or Jeffrey Deaver. These are the overwhelming choices I want to find myself in, repeatedly.

No comments: