Saturday, January 17, 2009

I live for the Weekends - Garfield

Been busy the entire week and I was surprised to see I've even managed to squeeze in a few entries. I've been working late almost everyday and felt like charity mode for the past few weekends. Even if it's just for a quick 4 hours stay in the office, I would always feel that my whole day is wasted. Instead of filling in the hours with pleasure, maybe have a dinner out and watch a movie (just to feel it's a weekend), I would just end up driving home in a cold night and rest. I'm a ghost on weekends and I'm close to my draining point.

After celebrating my friends' birthday at a nearby bar last night, actually engaged in senseless conversations, had alcohol and ate hotdogs with potato wedges, I felt I was human again. I'm reminded on how a weekend is supposed to be like. I went home late, read a few chapters of Jeffrey Deaver's book and had a wonderful dream that I can still manage to continue for this afternoon's siesta. Until my cellphone rang at 6 in the morning.

As expected there's a work issue that I need to address this weekend as my countepart across the globe apologetically confirmed. But good thing I already had a plan, with the help of a charitable colleague who offered to vouch in for me. I made a few text messages and lifted up all my weekend worries to the wind. I slept again till 10 in the morning.

I woke up. I played with Harvey for an hour. Tired him out and ended up finding myself here on the net just surfing. Most people I know have plans for today and I can easily make one now and hitch with them. But no thanks, I'm maintaining a schedule free day. I want this to be a day of doing things whenever I feel like it. I can sleep after lunch. Play Sims the whole afternoon. Go to the mall and watch a good movie. Hook up with some friends and have coffee on my favorite afternoon spot. Read and watch DVDs or just be practically useless like a pebble. I believe weekends are also created for moments like this to make everyone feel just as they are, human with limits.


I'm not guilty or anything. In fact I embrace it. If not for the sun, heat and sand, I'd like to fast forward to Boracay now. Screw the work mode. Accessible food, dressed down clothing, nature and most especially hotel rooms and service. Actually, anywhere outside Makati is fine with me.






http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/commentcherry/cherrytap/days/weekend/images/1112Weekend7.gif

No comments: