Sunday, February 8, 2009

Destruction Mode

Now I seriously want to destroy something.

But before that, I just want to share that Harvey and I went on a date this morning. I, dressed up with complete jogging attire, pretended to jog with Harvey. To make the long story short, we both skipped the jogging part and went straight for a french toast breakfast with omelet. He was enjoying his milky biscuits as I enjoyed my sumptuous breakfast. I gave him a teeny piece of french toast, which he hated by the way. I think I shouldn't have given him that in the first place.

Going to Boni High on an early Sunday morning is heaven. Cause there are no annoying crowds and the place gives an exclusive vibe. I especially enjoy the place during breakfast. It's quiet, steady and melancholy. Try going there at 11 am onwards and it's chaos. In the mornings, you usually get to share it with a few joggers off to a hefty breakfast and some familes from an early mass, ironically window shopping at still closed establishments.

Well I promised Harvey a date for the past couple of weekends and he finally got it. It is also a double purpose since I will be picking my brother from the hospital at Makati Med. The overpricing doctor finally allowed him to go home after 2 1/2 days of confinement. He is still a little bit queasy from the medications, but important thing is that he is on the road to recovery.

Back to my original destruction mode, I seriously want to destroy two things. My desktop and my camera. I cannot seem to upload my pictures into my computer for some technical malfunction. I don't know whether if my camera or our new desktop is the one causing the problem. My computer can't read the Sony Memory stick drive after so many tries and scans. The bad part is, it completely worked fine a week ago. Ugh. I hate it when technology fails on me.

I'm sure you can smell my irritation a thousand miles away and knowing Mitch, being a techy, he would reprimand users like me with no patience. It's true, I have none. If a computer fails on me without any apparent reason, I go on haywire then immediately call for someone to fix it before I actually try to destroy it. Suddenly, the thought of smashing my CPU or my camera is tempting. It's not as if I'm going to fix the problem. I wouldn't be able to fix it if I actually destroy it, but I want to vent out my disappointment and anger. I hate being inconvenienced by gadgets especially.

I know I might be overreacting or exaggerating, but I have so little demands on technology, yet they are priced in such a way that they promise to offer you convenience and advancement. But sometimes they suddenly just fail on you. They're not humans, whom you have to consider so many elemental and psychological factors, then why shouldn't they be doing what they're supposed to? That's why whenever I'm faced with a tech problem, especially if it's something that I don't know how to solve, I stay away from the gadget as much as possible. I call the tech guys to fix it because I just don't have the patience and the compassion. Mitch hates users like me, and sometimes I hate myself for being that evil witch too, but it's something that I would have to work on for a very long time. I'm not even promising.

Once Mitch dared me to Google the trouble shooting procedures to see if I can handle a certain repair on my own. Smelling a dare, I did oblige and got myself through it. I was able to fix it, although my forehead muscles hurt because my eyebrows were just joint together the whole time. But you must understand that those moments are VERY VERY rare, and I was feeling very very competitive.

But normally, I would immediately call for someone to fix it, and god forbid it gets fixed and stays fixed or else...

No comments: