Thursday, February 19, 2009

Upcoming Weekend Movie: He's is just not that Into you

The Movie He is just not That Into You is probably one of the most educational movies that people would and could relate to. Guessing from my colleagues’ and friends’ experiences in the recent screening, they liked it. After they’ve watched it, it was obvious that they instantly wore that amusingly enlightened face of knowledge and renewed self-worth. They are now glowing with a new perspective, an awakening from false hope and sometimes stupidity. They think they have been smacked by the truth because it’s a documentary of relationship woes and technically non-relationship woes for that matter.

I haven’t read the book nor have I watched it. However, I will watch it this weekend with a friend, maybe with her boyfriend, but not with mine. Mitch is still recuperating from what I’ve put him through with Milk. We argued about it a couple of times and this is when he puts his foot down. He will be ultimately selective with movies because of what I did. He doesn’t want to get his mind twisted as it already is. Also, he’s busy with his upcoming photo shoots, a brilliant and acceptable reason for his movie absence.

But you won’t see me moping, a primary reason why the topic of dependent happiness on a man eludes me. Nevertheless, I am still watching. I am obviously intrigued with the possible pointers it might present. Although I hope the cast doesn’t overshadow or destroy it. I’ve seen movies with a formula of quantity over quality and it’s not often enlightening. Put all the possible stars just because they feel like doing a big bang movie will end up in a torturous explosion. But I’m reserving my judgment on this one.

I do hope after watching the movie, I would be able to get that similar glow of awakening. I hope I could pick up useful pointers too. And most importantly I hope I would squirm in my seat as the possible truth and realizations would drill me to pieces. Educate me for I am willing. But if I don’t get smacked or educated, at least the movie will be a definite eye candy.

Here are some He’s Just Not That Into You Wisdom.

1. An Excuse is a Polite Rejection. Men are not afraid of “ruining the friendship.”
2. Don’t get tricked into Asking him out. If he gives you the number, don’t call. If he likes you that much, he’ll do the asking even if it takes some encouragement and time.
3. If you find him, then he can find you. If he wants to find you, he will.
4. Just because you like to lead doesn’t mean he wants to dance. Sometimes traditions are born of nature and last through time for a reason.
5. “Hey Let’s meet at so-and-so’s party/any bar/friend’s house” is not a date even if you live in New York.
6. Men don’t forget how much they like you. So put down the phone.
7. You are good enough to be asked out.
8. However perfect you are, an ultimate package for any guy, accept the fact that SOME GUYS will not be so into you. It’s just the way human nature works.
9. “We are all programmed to believe that if a guy acts like a total jerk that means he likes you.” (What a crap)
10. “If a guy treats you like he doesn’t give a shit. Take a hint. He doesn’t give a shit.”
11. “I need you to stop being nice to me unless you’re going to marry me.”
12. He’s just not that into you if he’s not dating you
13. He’s just not that into you if he’s not calling you
14. He’s just not that into you if he’s not having sex with you, or even showed a slight hint.
15. He’s just not that into you if he only wants to see you when he’s drunk. A constant beer gal pal doesn’t mean that he’s into you.
16. He’s just not into you if he doesn’t WANT to marry you.
17. He’s just not into you if he’s BREAKING up with you. Breaking up is not a request or open for discussion. It’s the end for one person and he’s just telling you that.
18. He’s just not that into you if he’s disappeared on you.
19. He’s just not that into you if he’s married (and other insane Variations of being Unavailable)
20. If you know what you want and you’re not getting it no matter how hard you try. Move on.
21. If he asks you for a date, and a serious one, he will SET a date. He will not be vague. When he says “let’s do lunch” and leaves without setting the specific time and day, well, he’s just not that into you.
22. If a guy likes a girl, he will ask her out. Period.
23. There is no excuse to being a jerk.
24. If you’re not introduced to his family or close childhoold/brother-friends then you are that “OTHER” girl.
25. Always be classy, never be crazy.

These I would have to counter check with Mitch after. I'm smelling an exciting and healthy debate.

No comments: