Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Harvey Diary: Anxiety and Sitting

I have an announcement today, and a very proud one.

After not giving up on my Harvey last night, he finally knows how to do one basic dog trick, which is to SIT. I know this feat is simple and basic, but no one could deny how hard it is for a racy pup to obey your commands and do it very well. He sits, bows down his head and looks at you like he's the most angelic creature in the world. I'm so very very pleased.

But I can't help but feel a little bit anxious because I wasn't able to play with him before I went to work. It pains me tremendously. It's so tough that a chunk of me wanted to file for sick leave just to play with him and not let him feel isolated. Well obviously, I can't do that now. I'm just so eager to go home. I know that it's hard that as a pup he's not being taken cared of the way I wanted since I have work and people at home are terribly busy. I call all the time to remind them, but what's the point? I can seriously hear him crying.

But I would make this work. There are just a few tweakings on the road.

No comments: