Sunday, November 9, 2008

I have officially started to move

To keep my mind off from every ticking minute of a possible nightmare, yesterday I devoted my morning to Harvey before I went with Mitch to Cash and Carry. He was meeting his photographer friend there as I am planned to check out Ikea in Palanan Makati. After roaming around and having lunch at my comfort Noodle House Luk Yuen, I went to the Japanese Home Store and got a few things that I don't need (like a ruler clipboard). But the fact that it preoccupied me, made my day easier.

When I went outside it was slightly raining already, but I braved it because waiting there with my racy thoughts seemed suicidal. The idea is to preoccupy myself more so I ran towards my car and headed to Enrique Street to check out the Ikea Store.

The store in itself is not actually a store. Any passing car would've missed it. It's in a slightly secluded building in an alternative street I usually pass by when I was in St. Scho and La Salle. There are no displays on the windows, you have to park in a building with a small flag of IKEA and climb to the third floor. On the third floor, where the hallway was cramped, there's an airconditioned showroom full of IKEA products.

After less than an hour of fantasizing, I got a 1100 worth of blue lamp for my brother and a 450 bucks reading lamp for me. After my Ikea-Accomplishment, I went to Greenbelt, parked there and traversed my way to Landmark.

In the home section of Landmark, I greatly enjoyed. I bought pillows, covers, mats and towels. Realizing how I extremely enjoyed myself I went to the kitchen wares. I bought cute oil bottles and canisters for sugar, coffee, cream and pasta. I remember being mesmerized with glass canisters Giada de Laurentis uses in her shows. I bought a dozen of all shapes and sizes and knew that I would have a problem carrying them all the way to Greenbelt with a high tendency of breaking them.

But I didn't stop there, I bought metal wares for fruits and plates. The ones I bought are with ingenious designs and would fit perfectly with the bottles and the granite effect of our new kitchen. My mom bought hideously black racks without even bothering to transfer bottles of salt and vinegar. I was irritated and I knew this would be doing the kitchen an immense favor. I felt like a super hero. But if there is a certain kitchen wares sickness, I've just experienced it.

I had three full baskets of pillows, bottles and metal racks and with no approximate calculation in mind. I only had 200 bucks in my wallet and my handy credit card. If my mom were there she would've nagged me to death. The bill totaled to a sky rocketing 5 thousand bucks! UGH. It was too much, way too much for my intended budget for the day. Adding up the things I spent in Ikea and Harvey's looming shots, I knew I'm close to being dead.

But the fact is, I enjoyed every moment of it. It made those nasty thoughts go away. I was even proud of myself for achieving something and mind you, being able to carry those heavy packages all the way to Greenbelt. Simply exhilarating.

After I parked my stuff, I went to Powerbooks and continued my sort of "therapy." I hit it with a homerun by getting White Mocha Frap at Starbucks as a last reward before I went home and finally face the inevitable.

Yes. Yesterday, late afternoon, I officially moved.

Yehey for my friends and Yehey for my mom.

As soon as I presented what I bought to my ever-pleased mother, I went to get a couple of boxes to transfer my clothes from the old house. I spent the whole afternoon carrying loads of stuff, rearranging my uninteresting sets of clothes, tucked Harvey to sleep and slept in my brother's new room (much to his displeasure), since my room is still currently a dumpsite.


**My cousin Den who left for Jeddah last night. She did her own chaotic packing.



**And so the packing continues. (Finally, for me!)





*After my clothes and toiletries, save the best for last (books and my important thingamajics)

This morning, or at least today, I'm going to transfer my other belongings and finally sleep at my new room still devoid of personal stuff like pictures frames and such. But I know that would come in gradually.

I'll be officially leaving my old memories behind and other possessions that I would just be getting in the future. Since internet is still malfunctioning in our new house, I'll still be doing my online work at the old house devoid of living things (It's still hanging there somehow). The living room is still in tact. There's still one working refrigerator. A dining table, a dwindling gas range, large tv with DVDs. It's still pretty much "livable" but the house is missing activities and people. Whenever I go there to surf or get something, it's scary at some point, but it's stupid to be scared with a house you've lived for more than 20 years. I'm just probably weary of the memories echoing in the walls and the emptiness it brings. Nakakaawa. I feel I'm abandoning something.

So by today, it's going to be a household documentation at its finest. I'll take all the emotions and memories with me. I've no way of escaping it, literally and figurately (my house is just across anyways). At least I'm getting productively preoccupied. I sincerely hope I get almost everything important done today. I can't stand shifting grounds.



BTW: The IKEA BLUE LAMP CRACKED DOWN due to my unstable nerves. Goodbye 1 thousand. Say hello to my klutziness. To my brother, better luck next time, it would've broken with you anyways.

No comments: