Friday, November 28, 2008

JUST...YAY to Activities

A Marketing officer of Marlboro called me up yesterday and invited me and Mitch to go on a tour with a couple of invited guests to their plant in Batangas. We are requested to participated and enjoy the activities they have prepared special emphasis on bloggers like me. Meeting place is at M Cafe at Greenbelt tomorrow for breakfast and another dinner treat at M Cafe as the day-ender.

Naturally, there's a catch. I have to blog. But blogging without any restrictions whether I liked the prepared activities or not is the deal. For bloggers, this is already a familiar territory. The company is trying out a new marketing strategy to keep their brand updated without much added advertising costs. They might see the benefits of reaching in a massive spectrum through blogs. THey know that blogs these days can never be underestimated. WEll, if that is the catch, then we consider it as a double treat!

It's just so funny that my friend Tim and I were fixing our schedules earlier this week to have lunch at M Cafe since he's so intrigued of how M Cafe revamped their menus. Who would've thought I would be experiencing it so soon and for free? Didn't mind to make him envious, but I really had to share. Maybe that will give him second thoughts on actually starting a blog. He's a brilliant writer and I just feel that it's a waste. Plus if he could get freebies like this, what more could he ask for? IT's a matter of popping the Intellectual Property paranoia.

Even though I realized that I've been losing sleep for the past couple of days. I should be maximizing this long weekend, but I've got activities lined up and this interesting activity is something I could not pass up. I just have apprehensions though. I'm sure I'll be super exposed to massive smokers for the entire trip and they even advised us not to bring any more cigarettes because of shimmering tobacco freebies. It's not something I'd be exciting about though except for Christmas gifts to some avid smokers out there. I'm sure MItch will snap at my me a dozen times tomorrow, for snapping back at him, but I'm totally prepared for that.

But I'm more excited to find out the growth of the company and the mechanisms that put them where they are now. A trivial knowledge on the tobacco industry is kind of interesting too. I hope we get to be educated with that. Although I just hope that it's not a forced smoker's gang or anything that by the time I reach M Cafe I might smell like the plant itself, but reeking of stale tobacco mixed with sweat and soot. Eeew.

A dear friend also texted me that she has discounted tickets for Hairspray showing tomorrow, but I've already told her of my commitment. Blast. It would've been a tough choice. I love making tough decisions and somehow Marlboro just beat her to the punch. That's cool, Hairspray's still showing till December anyways. I only have one day at a time to fully experience life's free pleasures.

No comments: