Saturday, November 15, 2008

Separation still indefinite

I did what I needed to do for this much anticipated weekend. I brought Harvey to his vet, took care of paying his shots (which are ridiculous), got a contract from a Catering Services company and managed to post a blog when I'm close to fainting because I haven't had any decent meal yet. I'm instantly craving of having a pizza delivered. To which house? I have no idea.

I'm here at the old house across the street doing my online work since my mom is still fixing the Internet Cable at the new house. Whenever my sister, my brother or I have to do something online, we have to hop a couple of steps and we're back at our old house again, although the feeling is not quite the same anymore. Actually it's haunting.

Right now, I feel the house is hallow. A couple of days ago it didn't look as dirty or in such a massive disarray even though my family started to move across the new house weeks ago. Now the old house looks hollow and sad. Empty boxes that are waiting to be filled are at the Old sala still untouched. My books that were scattered all over my room are also stacked in the wooden seat in the sala. If we were still living here, my mom would have gone ballistic, but now she couldn't care less.

It's funny but when we are still living here a couple of weeks ago, the house looked pristine, well-kept and cozy. Now the chips of paint are starting to show, it's filthy and it's not homey anymore. The effects of abandonment are showing. It's like the maker has totally abandoned it in the black hole wishing it to survive on its own, when it's infact self-deteriorating.

Although the phone line is still working. There is still water running through the faucets. There's still electricity, but the life is totally wiped out. It's not a home anymore. It's a structure that was once considered a house. I couldn't sometimes bear to look at it whenever I go to my new home. It's so sad and heartbreaking.

We're trying to separate ourselves from the house as slowly as possible. We still have stuff remaining at the old house until we figure out (if there is) its perfect place in the new one. I remember my friend Bags who transferred last August to her new apartment in Sun Valley. The unpacking and the transferring of her massive stuff had to be done only in one day. It's a "hook or by crook" kind of thing. Everyone had to move and transfer all their stuff in the new garage even though they haven't thought of a place to put it yet. But successfully, they did it all in less than 24 hours. It was damn tiring, but an amazing feat for them to accomplish yet here we are still ricocheting back and forth for things missed. No hurries. If we get tired, we could stop and reserve the transfer for tomorrow. I'm betting my family that we wouldn't be able to fully settle in till next year. Expect that at the end of 2008, we'll still be living in technically two homes. Even though the separation process started, the end is indefinite. It hurts, but I'm not complaining. I could have the pizza delivered here and eat it too, but without plates or kubyertos that is.

No comments: