Monday, November 17, 2008

A little Game I like to play

Despite yesterday’s humid weather, everything was going well. I accomplished what I needed to accomplish for the day, heard mass and calmly enjoyed the night, no crescendo of highs or lows. But to cap the night off, Mitch and I decided to have coffee near the village. We’ve been planning to try the new coffee Shop that projects a more local and homey vibe compared to its more commercialized competitors. We eventually did and unfortunately I was quite disappointed with their Frappuccinos. I could do better with Milo, Crushed Ice and Milk. But nevertheless, we decided to catch up on our reading and headed to the magazine rack.

We hoarded magazines in their stand as he grabbed T3, a gadget magazine and I grabbed OK magazine even though the gossip was already outdated. After minutes of silence and intense reading, one of us would always comment on a particular ad. When Mitch and I would see something both to our interests we would point it out immediately and say what we think about it connecting it with almost everything fancy. If Mitch sees a particular ad of a country, we’d make plans of going there granted that we have enough time and resources. Like last night, he instantly pointed out the Haselblad camera ad that he saw and voluntarily told me that it’s a worthy gift for our 10 year anniversary. I may never want to know how much a Haselblad SLR costs, but I would always indulge his fantasies, as he would mine. I admit that it’s just a silly little game that we both play and I think everyone should try it with someone they would want to share their dreams with. Playing this game with someone and making the goal collective, feed desires and heighten the need to achieve grandier targets. No one gets sued for dreaming, it only puts a person in higher spirits because in the mind there’s a positive plane of seeing them achieved already. Even though it’s only a dream and visualization, it’s always considered a positive start.

In a calm Sunday night amidst all the mundane necessities of life, bills, gas money, quality time, family time, work pressure and uncertainties, we played a fun game we never seem to get tired of. We would always wish to achieve our own dreams and fantasies for each other. But until then, a steady night in a coffee shop and enjoying our little game would suffice.

No comments: