Saturday, November 15, 2008

My "Squattered" Books

My old room was like a floating library. Since I've already maximized two big shelves in the house, I had no choice but to keep my books stacked on my desk, on my sister's desk, under the computer table, on the floor, on my sister's make-up drawer or whatever suitable place I could find. In every corner, container, cabinet and shoe racks in my room I have my delegates in the form of books. If my room was a battlefield and my books were hidden bombs, I wouldn't bet anyone going out of my room alive.

So, one afternoon, I decided to get all my books that were not neatly placed in shelves. My other books that are on shelves are still neatly stacked, which I wouldn't touch for now. My targets were my exposed 'squatter' books. Going through the process, I snatched, wiped, and carried a few as I neatly stacked them in the living room for a quick inventory. The books that I've forgotten that I still have made themselves known to me again! Joy! But I cringed when I saw how my Record Book's seriously outdated.

After pulling out one of my last squatter books, A History of World Societies, I was surprised at the stacks I've managed to form. I know I have lots of books. It's still evident in a couple of shelves that are still untouched in the old house, but I didn't figure out that the books scattered in twos and threes in my room would PILE TO THESE. Amazing.


**Presenting, the ex-Squatter books in my room, 10% of my collection (I guess..)

**My Old School VECO Record Book of Books?? I had this ever since High school. I've maintained this after college, but I firmly believe this is wayyyy OUTDATED. It's time to get you on a database.


Welcome home, babies, you are soon to be residents of the waiting SHELVES in the new "country." Never again to be seen as Squatters.

No comments: