Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pistachio Green Light


This morning I've already talked to my sister's designer friend about a dress project I've commissioned her to do. She already got the idea and I felt so squeamish talking about dress stuff, like a complete human in Mars understanding their brand of Chemistry. I wasn't much help, all I ever did was to pick the color, the material and beyond that I always sing the same statement, "Whatever floats your boat." Basically, I'm giving her the full responsibility of wowing me. Tsk. Tsk.

After the quick meeting, I drove to the Catering Company and settled my reservations. I've readjusted the menu, asked a couple of important questions and managed to learn what Pistachio Green was. Once everything was settled on paper, I signed, paid the downpayment and went to Sinangag Express to buy lunch for my siblings. (Oh, I also skipped to the Cafe beside it to get a Polly's chocolate cake selling for 70 bucks per slice, ridiculous).

AT home, I found Harvey hanging out in the Kitchen waiting for falling graces from my Aunt's cooking. But I was just the Evil Witch enforcing everyone to be strict about spoiling Harvey. But if Banana is concerned, I let him eat all the Banana he wants. But he likes Apple better.

After eating, I slept like a baby for a few hours and had a weird dream. I dreamt that my looming party was infested of all people I never wanted to invite in the first place. Chemically contrasting acquaintances from Grade School to College. I saw myself in the corner, chained like a madwoman watching my own party in a hideous Orange Themed motiff going on without me. I know there was an Imposter, because all guests dressed in bird's nest creations (that are apparently avant garde at that time), are giving their pleasantries and lavish gifts at the opposite corner. The box of golden wrapped gift was obstructing my view and then my BROTHER woke me up.

It just only says one thing, that I am unconsciously trying to sift through records of my past life trying to figure out how my 25 years of life turned out. What did I accomplish? What are things yet to accomplish? What are my particular failures and what strengths I was able to enhance? What kind of people I've surrounded myself with? It is a scary thing, this quarter life celebration. People expect you to be a lot of things already and I'm not the one to know. I'm still trying to figure things out, like the invitations and guest list.

Organizing for a party is one of the hardest things in the world especially if you're queasy with social celebrations. It doesn't help if you also want something gregarious, like I do. But that's the point. It's a milestone celebration. I just believe I have experienced things that are expected to be experienced at my age, not to the extremes, though, but pretty much a taste of whatever extremes that I might be experiencing after 25. This celebration is the end the beginning of a new adult life. Whoever said 18 is a milestone? Wait till you reach 25 when your senses and capabilities become more pronounced, it's haunting. Plus, the fact that you get to pay for your own party, just the way you like it, is simply liberating. One of the effects of the painful yet rewarding experience of turning 25.

*Pix Source: http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/2152645/pathe-Jazz-party-600-main_Full.jpg

No comments: