Friday, November 21, 2008

Hunt for those Perfect Cupcakes


And so the surprisingly hard Hunt for Exquisite Cupcakes continues.

Why is it so damn hard to book for notable Cupcake Makers out there? So far the 3 famous cupcake makers I’ve recently contacted to customized an order for me in December, but they politely declined due to their cramped schedule. I can’t just settle for anyone else. I have to be specially pleased with the sweetness and overall presentations. I have to taste and see their works, and unfortunately time is running out.

I’m not exponentially interested in Cupcakes just because they’re the recent dessert trend. I want cupcakes because you can do almost anything with it. You can have one bulk order with different flavors. You could have it either in fondant, in buttercream or marshmallow icing. Also, the flavors are crazy. There are wine flavored frostings and fruity creations apart from the usual vanilla, peppermint and lemon. Actually I found in one of recent contacts, who declined, that they have Banana cupcakes with cream cheese.


I prefer to have cupcakes because they're more flexible, cuter and most importantly...portable. It’s not like cake when one gets a slice the whole set up would be ruined. I always see that as the official death of the cake. I'm not also a "BRAND" conscious type of foodie. Everyone's craving at SONJA'S cupcakes. They're good, but I prefer Marta's Cupcakes more. Things like that do vary and price is always a major consideration for me. After much screening, I came as far as posting my orders online and talking with the commissary owners on the phone, but everyone declined due production at inconvenient dates.

This problem is a piece of cake to some. Move on to the next, Yeah Yeah. After I’ve fixed the catering, it’s already expected to be a breeze in fixing desserts and drinks, but in fact I’m really having a hard time. It’s better if I DON'T HAVE ANY BUDGET in mind to have everything in sky's the limit. But there’s nothing harder than working on a budget to get excellent products that are quite harder to acquire on a busy Christmas Season. This is the party season and everyone's demands shoot up. It's hard to sift and get ahead of the priority line.

I don’t really know or care if I should be mad or challenged, but I’m going to get this done before December. I have to get those cupcakes. I have reloaded my guns (THANKS to the REFERRALS) and I’m off to fire this weekend. But before anything else thanks to Hungry Pac’s (Glorietta Food Choices) 3 for 120 PHP oozing Fudgy Chocolate CAKE PROMO for soothing my dessert craving for today. Maybe I should just get some of these if worse comes to worse, which is entirely not bad at all.


PIX Source: tasteetreats.blogspot.com

No comments: